For what its worth .. Hold on to your Firestorm for a little
While yet say till early June when we hope the sun shines and
IOM TT is in the air ... You sell it to an interested party its still cold
and no one is looking or interested in 2 wheels, it looks a nice machine and
deserves top dollar so to speak :thumbup:
Mav617

Re: Advice on sale

Post by Mav617 »

almightytomo wrote:You'll easily get buyers for all the gucci bits. Strip them off and sell them separately.

Buy cheap standard parts to replace and sell it as standard.

If you can try and avoid selling as it'll cost a small fortune to replace it, but if needs must!! :thumbdown:
+1, all the best whatever you decide CB :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sorry to hear about your Mum.

It would be a shame to break such a lovely bike after all the time and work you've put it to getting her to this stage.
Good on you though for thinking about, and recognising what your wife has taken on for you and your Mum.

The best of luck with whatever you decide to do in the end,

Chris.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Keep it stashed away for the future if possible.

If you do sell bits, I'd love the cans, miss my old Mori's.

All the best, to your mum & yourself.
Jamie :wave:
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Hi fellas, Thanks for all the kind words for my mum and the advice on selling my VTR Firestorm, after reading all the comments and thinking about it I think I am going to keep it for a while and see how things pan out, its not costing anything to keep it only heating the garage, insurance wise as I have a trade policy and I am not in need of the cash, reading all the comments it seems the bike would be worth a little more stripping it may be up to £2500 but I think if I do end up selling it I would rather take less money and keep the bike as it is with all the good bits on it, as it would really hurt to break it, it took many many hours to get it like it is :sad2
Thanks Again CMB
Last edited by carmanbikes on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Makes sense to me mate :clap:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Happy days thats a good decision... :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Good choice :)
Jamie :wave:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I agree with the dry store if you don't NEED to sell it or as has been said, strip the special bits off replace with standard sell bike and either keep or sell the specials. You know you'll get another to stick them to anyway :thumbup:

Pricewise, I'm sure with the goodies and selling to someone that knows their bikes/storms you'll be looking between £2500-£3000. Stripping the goodies off and replacing with standard £1800-£2200. Problem is something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Whatever you decide to do best of luck and if you do decide to sell don't give it away.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

For what the bike is worth, you may as well keep it, keep it M.O.T'ed tax and insured, you never know when you just need a few hours out to clear your head, or to let off some steam, in the same way that your missus needs a night out to get away from it all.

You obviously have lavished a bit of love on the bike, so its worth is more than the sum of its parts, and you may well regret it.

Just think of it like this is, if it were her Mum or Dad you would be rallying round them the same way, its what families ( should ) do.

I have a Harley Davidson sportster, I hardly ride it much but wouldn't want to sell it, why should I, just because I only ride it when I want to and the weather permits, This expression of so some one else can enjoy only really applies if you were giving toys to kids in a hospice or blankets and food to a homeless person, not selling your bike so someone else can enjoy it, I am sure they wont be tossing and turning in bed worrying about how much you miss it.