Where to buy Cam Chain Tensioners ATM

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Dendrob

Re: Where to buy Cam Chain Tensioners ATM

Post by Dendrob »

NZSpokes wrote:
Dendrob wrote:
NZSpokes wrote:
......I dont know how they get away with a ground down bolt for the foot. .....

That crossed my mind too.
Thats why I prefer the APE style or the modded stockers like I have. Seems like budget engineering to me.
Have your stockers let go?
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

My manuals have a high tensile zinc plated adjuster which is has a machined profile which is polished after.NOT GROUND AS SOME MEMBERS HAVE SAID.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Dendrob wrote:
Have your stockers let go?
No my stock ones were modded to be manuals. :thumbup:

Why spend to much on something easy.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

adewhitmarsh wrote:My manuals have a high tensile zinc plated adjuster which is has a machined profile which is polished after.NOT GROUND AS SOME MEMBERS HAVE SAID.
Grinding IS machining......unless you have a hand-operated grinding wheel?

Why do you think this makes a difference? the end of the tensioner sits on a cast button on the rear of the tensioner blade. It's covered in oil, there will be no measurable wear or deformation as the parts don't move relative to each other. When inspecting a tensioner blade after use where any type of manual tensioner is used there are no marks, unlike the standard one, which does have a slight polished bar where the metal cap (that is, if it's still fitted- lots of times I've found that someone who doesn't know what they're doing has removed the old tensioner and fitted a new one, without swapping the metal cap over) touches to contact button. there is more movement there as the tension that the tensioner applies varies, and therefore permits some realignment in doing so. But the wear is minimal- usually just a slight polish line rather than an indentation.

All you need is a rounded profile- superfinishing is superfluous-in this application, anyway.

If the original stock is hex bar or a bolt, all you need to do is remove the hex irregularity, and allow the end to rotate smoothly against the button. The tension applied to the blade will be the same whether the end of the cct is ground, by hand or machine, polished, cut, turned, filed or rubbed repeatedly against a virgin's thigh, wearing sandpaper tights.

Some methods take longer than others, and one is more interesting to watch, depending on virgin gender and your own persuasion in that arena.

By the way I have a set of used Bazza tensioners in good condition for sale from breaking my own bike that are up for sale if anyone needs them? It's in the for sale section. £32 posted
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.