Where to buy Cam Chain Tensioners ATM

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Wicky

Re: Where to buy Cam Chain Tensioners ATM

Post by Wicky »

Basically it's your mercenary* attitude that rubs folk the wrong way.

* def: ​interested only in the ​amount of ​money that you can get from a ​situation:
adewhitmarsh wrote:So its ok for other members to advise on who to buy manual ccts from but I can't.i think I will keep my advise & comments to my self from now on.Members can contact me if there interested in my manuals.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Ok,I will keep quiet & let members pay more for there manuals from other suppliers.
Watty

Post by Watty »

adewhitmarsh wrote:Ok,I will keep quiet & let members pay more for there manuals from other suppliers.
Ignoramus attitude!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mr Whitmarsh, you are proposing to do the exact opposite of that which would reconcile the situation. Just join in with some of the conversations on the the forum. You obviously have some solid engineering skills and I would imagine you are more than capable of offering advice to some of the many questions asked on here regarding bike and material based issues.
Obviously I had issues with your sales technique early on, which led to an exchange of opinion and my view hasn't changed.
I value this resource, and the many friends(!) I have who communicate through it, not merely to make a sale but to enhance their motorcycling experience.
For a modest investment of time I'm sure you would reap adequate reward. However it's your choice fella.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:
adewhitmarsh wrote:Ok,I will keep quiet & let members pay more for there manuals from other suppliers.
Ignoramus attitude!
Bazza's are cheaper & the stopper mod is free ( until the cct lets go & you have to buy another one... :wink: )
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote:Mr Whitmarsh, you are proposing to do the exact opposite of that which would reconcile the situation. Just join in with some of the conversations on the the forum. You obviously have some solid engineering skills and I would imagine you are more than capable of offering advice to some of the many questions asked on here regarding bike and material based issues.
Obviously I had issues with your sales technique early on, which led to an exchange of opinion and my view hasn't changed.
I value this resource, and the many friends(!) I have who communicate through it, not merely to make a sale but to enhance their motorcycling experience.
For a modest investment of time I'm sure you would reap adequate reward. However it's your choice fella.
Feckin hell, a grown up response from grumpy Kev...... :lol:

One which I fully agree with... This forum is about camaraderie and good will, people on here support each other without asking for payment.... It's all karma and trust based, and that's why your attitude rubs people up.

Nuff said
AMcQ
chric

Post by chric »

:Banned:
just f*ck him off simples :lol:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Have you got a Storm, Ade?
Or do you just hang out here to make money?
Post up a pic of your bike, that will do the trick.

Or do you just hang out here to make money?
Go on, just one little picky.

Or etc...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Well to be fair a Manual CCT from the pictures are easy as feck to make. I dont know how they get away with a ground down bolt for the foot. :problem:

Anywhoo asking for a mate and cant be arsed looking, is the stopper mod able to be done with the CCTs on the bike? He is looking at buying a bike 1300ks away and riding it home, his worry is a CCT giving way before it gets here.
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

NZSpokes wrote:
......I dont know how they get away with a ground down bolt for the foot. .....

That crossed my mind too.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nzs. The stopper mod needs the cct measured in situ, then removed and the roll pin knocked out, take an internal measurement then cut a length of bar based on the 2 Measurements. Then reassemble.

So not something that I would try and do away from my workshop
AMcQ
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I do have a firestorm and 2 other bikes, (BMW 1200rt & Honda cbf 1000) I'm not out to make lots of money,it's just for repairing & maintaining my bikes.i have been a engineer for over 30 yrs,so i think i produce a quality item at a reasonable price,the aluminium body's are cnc machined from T6 , nuts & screws are stainless steel , adjusting screw is high tensile with a machined (not ground end) profile on the end.if members have a problem with me making a bit of money,I can't help that.you can't keep everyone happy.i will not be doing the so called hard sell anymore
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ade, you have got it....it's the hard sell that's the problem, the product and the price are good.

There a quite a few time served engineers or degree qualified engineers on here, and having someone who can knock up parts on a cnc from drawings is a great asset to the forum. Without the sales sniping you would fit in here perfectly :thumbup:
AMcQ
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nzs. The stopper mod needs the cct measured in situ, then removed and the roll pin knocked out, take an internal measurement then cut a length of bar based on the 2 Measurements. Then reassemble.

So not something that I would try and do away from my workshop
Cool, thanks for the info. Will pass it on. I reckon he should get it freighted up then do the MCCTs once he gets it home.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Dendrob wrote:
NZSpokes wrote:
......I dont know how they get away with a ground down bolt for the foot. .....

That crossed my mind too.
Thats why I prefer the APE style or the modded stockers like I have. Seems like budget engineering to me.