What to mess with first?

General Bike chat
MacV2

Re: What to mess with first?

Post by MacV2 »

agentpineapple wrote:mac fluid blue iirc..... :wink:
Appropriate name for the owners...

Bit like orrible late type yellow the really creamy one, whats it called ? Shining OldCumStain Yellow or something... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

stuffedit wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:
I have a pair of low level straight throughs. TBH I prefer the stock jobbies. Stealth mode seems to suit me better. I can take a pic if you are interested...

I've even got some baffles for them which I haven't fitted yet.
Kermit - yes please to a pic of the cans.

Not sure about bafflectomy, I agree it's the cheapest method for certain but I do prefer the look of cans not to mention losing a few pounds of the back end (diet could also help there).
They look a bit grubby but they'll clean up well. You can have them for £60 plus postage costs (estimate about £8).
Cheers
Ian

Pics now and when fitted to the bike.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:

Bit like orrible late type yellow the really creamy one, whats it called ? Shining OldCumStain Yellow or something... :wink:
almost as bad as that smoking pile of joe that resides in your garage, it's the same colour as a two day old bruise...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

[quote="KermitLeFrog"]

They look a bit grubby but they'll clean up well. You can have them for £60 plus postage costs (estimate about £8).
Cheers
Ian

Ian - they look good, if you can wait until the end of the month I will have those - hopefully by then I will have hit 50 posts so will be able to PM you!

VTRPhoenix - thanks for the offer of paint, not thought that far ahead yet but I will keep you in mind when I get to that stage (and have saved up some more cash).
My bike wants a new home
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

No probs. Just let me know.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

stuffedit wrote:
VTR Phoenix wrote:If your thinking of wrapping then a bit of heat will help to shape or just look up a company that will do it for you, might be cheaper to get it sprayed black in the first place rather than spending money out on wrapping first. If you were to sand and prep it yourself then the paint shop wouldn't charge as much. Or you could cover the postage and I'll spray it for you, have 2k panther black already.
Thanks for the offer, only thinking of wrapping the mudguard as a temporary quick/cheap fix, whilst saving up to have the whole bike painted.

Just in relation to painting mate. I have a place near me. Commercial spray place. They do an entire bike for 160 quid. If you can do a drive to the south coast that is! Only a few miles from brighton.
They are currently powdercoating some bits for me and spraying a slow yellow tank blue for me.
Had a fairing done for a silver storm I had kast year and it turned out great before my dog destroyed it!
Obviously not to take away from vtrphoenix's offer. Only pointing out a cheap option :)
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

Thanks StormyRob, I will get their number off you once I am ready to have painting done, won't be a while yet as I want to get a few other bits first.
My bike wants a new home
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

160 for the whole bike is a very very good price, especially if it includes all the stripping, priming, painting and lacquer. If they just use the standard paint and then buff to a shine it's not such a durable and lasting finish though.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

I imagine for that price it's only paint and lacquer, my body work is in OK condition but the tank need some filler for some minor road rash.
As I said I have lots of other jobs to do before I contemplate doing any paint, it could also be something that I put up with funds gets spent elsewhere.....
My bike wants a new home
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote:

blue mac fluid would prompt me to get down the clinic. I always thought it was jerez blue but in the end someone wise reckoned it was Honda mid-metallic No 2 or suchlike?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

lumpyv wrote: Honda mid-metallic No 2 or suchlike?
Ah yes, shiny poo blue.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:
Ah yes, shiny poo blue.
:lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
stuffedit

Post by stuffedit »

KermitLeFrog wrote:No probs. Just let me know.
Ian - if you still have the cans and are still interested in selling them please can you PM a contact number (I don't have my 50 posts yet).

Thanks
My bike wants a new home
ConTRo13R

Post by ConTRo13R »

tony.mon wrote:
Ah yes, shiny poo blue.
A fast shiny blue poo!