Canadian biking

General Biker Banter
adyf

Canadian biking

Post by adyf »

Have been looking to emigrate to Canada for a while and joined the expats forum to get the lowdown , there are a few bikers on there and was having a bit of banter , so we get round to insurance ,Jesus Christ they are getting screwed , on inquiring about the BMW k1300s I want got an estimate of 5000 dollars in Vancouver , I was surprised to say the least , so respect to our Canadian cousins , I'm having to have a rethink about the whole thing as BMW parts won't be cheap either , also filtering is illegal and is 175 dollar fine and three points , crazy.
mik_str

Re: Canadian biking

Post by mik_str »

Pros and cons to anywhere you choose to live..... I am a life-long Canuck (apart from 4 months spent in the UK) and have been riding for over 35 years, read into it what you may......

P.S. Insurance companies are crooks no matter where you live, though they are more greedy in some markets than others.....

P.P.S. Nothing is cheap in Vancouver..... wait until you check out the real estate :roll:
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ady............ don't go :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

you are just missing man love from Bazza, then you will be oK again
AMcQ
simo

Post by simo »

With fines and penalties like that,no wander there's no Rice Rockets and all Harley's. :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
adyf

Post by adyf »

Yeah Al you're right I do miss the sweet sweet man love that is the baazzster , but this country drives me up the wall , so much baldrocks and p.c.Nazis , not to mention my latest predicament , maybe I just need to buy something stupidly fast and wring it's neck and wombles it all , now looking to Australia , who knows.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Not sure you'll find respite from p.c. in Canada, particularly in Vancouver..... Good luck on your quest and let us know if you find a place where this crap doesn't exist.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Don't go there skiing either. They have " Piste Police" Oy are you taking "air" and enjoying yourself sir tut tut" never again. Oh and bloody jet lag
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigtwinthing wrote:Don't go there skiing either. They have " Piste Police" Oy are you taking "air" and enjoying yourself sir tut tut" never again. Oh and bloody jet lag
Well, what's wrong with jet lag?
You wouldn't want your jet to freeze up and burst, would you?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.