fabiostar

Re: New member, new bike!

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir, enjoy the forum :wave:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Watty

Post by Watty »

HondaVTRguy wrote:yeah sorry fellas im out from the western United States so if i do post early sorry, anyways heres my bike. Bought stainless brakes lines for front and rear and sintered brake pads as well. Let me know if im missing something :wink:

Welcome aboard Sir! Slow red I see! Even the pickup is passing you and it doesn't have a driver :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adyf

Post by adyf »

Loving the black ensemble , you auditioning for night rider ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

HondaVTRguy wrote:From VTR250 to VTR1000
I meant to say, that is a big step so go carefully.

The big V twin may seem like a pussycat at times, but be warned it can get you into danger very quickly if you're not sensible. Get to know the bike first before opening the throttle wide open,

Chris.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Wise words from Chris (sirch345) we don't want to see bits of you or your bike on utube....
Welcome to the forum, and Ride Safe mate.
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

Yes sir, thank you gentlemen correct terms on bike feeling like a pussy cat at times but yes there is a lion sleeping within her.. And as for black ensemble I bought the bike out of state so I had no gear that's my girlfriends sisters finances riding gear minus the pants and shoes
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

Hey sirch I like the undertail on your vtr where did you get it??
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

HondaVTRguy wrote:Hey sirch I like the undertail on your vtr where did you get it??
Did you mean the lower fairing as my bike has the standard undertail :?:

Chris.
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

sirch345 wrote:
HondaVTRguy wrote:Hey sirch I like the undertail on your vtr where did you get it??
Did you mean the lower fairing as my bike has the standard undertail :?:

Chris.

Yes strange but mine feels like it is missing something??
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Yours is standard, i.e. as they were sold, so not missing anything. Sirch has added fairing lowers to his, like these (but probably better quality):

https://www.motoforzafairings.com/lower ... torm-97-05
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

HondaVTRguy wrote:
Yes strange but mine feels like it is missing something??
Yes Mav is right, I did add a lower fairing, it was made by "Powerbronze" and I bought it from Ebay 2nd hand.
Here's their site:-
http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/822853/818 ... BLACK.item

Chris.
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

Awesome I'll have to check it out! I ordered myself red stainless steel brake lines new sintered brakes pass and rotors all total cost me 450$. I'd say that's a pretty good deal?
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Welcome, from another Yank on the forums.. Less western US and more Southern theses days in Texas. I was born and raised on the western end though.
Nice looking 1998, sadly I lost my Red 1998 SH in a boating accident last month....

The lads have you nicely sorted on the immediate stuff.
For US sources: Look at http://www.roadstercycle.com/index.htm for a new Regulator / Rectifyer install kit. It can be done cheaper with time and searching used parts and knowledge of making wiring harness and such if you want to go that way I have sources for the proper plugs, wiring, terminals, ect..just ask.

The CCT, yup common wisdom is replace the auto OEM ones at regular intervals (12-15k is a nice range) or instal manual CCT. BUT research the CCT install procedure well...or the shop you have do it. Many a home wrench and even some shops not familiar with the SH have screwed up the install and bent valves in one head or another as a result.
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
HondaVTRguy

Post by HondaVTRguy »

E.Marquez wrote:Welcome, from another Yank on the forums.. Less western US and more Southern theses days in Texas. I was born and raised on the western end though.
Nice looking 1998, sadly I lost my Red 1998 SH in a boating accident last month....

The lads have you nicely sorted on the immediate stuff.
For US sources: Look at http://www.roadstercycle.com/index.htm for a new Regulator / Rectifyer install kit. It can be done cheaper with time and searching used parts and knowledge of making wiring harness and such if you want to go that way I have sources for the proper plugs, wiring, terminals, ect..just ask.

The CCT, yup common wisdom is replace the auto OEM ones at regular intervals (12-15k is a nice range) or instal manual CCT. BUT research the CCT install procedure well...or the shop you have do it. Many a home wrench and even some shops not familiar with the SH have screwed up the install and bent valves in one head or another as a result.

Mine has 38k miles on it and I have no idea if anything has been done to the CCTs what does the manual CCT do anyways?
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Prevents it lunching its valves when the auto ones fail. Stopper mod recommended, check out the Workshop forum under CCT.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!