Are there any after market engine mount to frame adjusters?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Ant

Are there any after market engine mount to frame adjusters?

Post by Ant »

Hello everyone, just got myself a storm last weekend. Stripped it all down already and ony had 3 bolts that were a bugger to get out (soak every bolt in WD40 for days before, feeling a bit smug 8) ). Unfortunatly one of thr ones that got stuck was the front left engine mount adjuster. I snapped the fins off the end of it....

Are there any options for these in terms of after market parts or is only the O.E.M bits?
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
lloydie

Re: Are there any after market engine mount to frame adjuste

Post by lloydie »

Only oem unless you have some custom made
Ant

Post by Ant »

lloydie wrote:Only oem unless you have some custom made
Cheers Lloydie, nice one! Will have to get onto my local Honda dealer then...
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ant wrote:Hello everyone, just got myself a storm last weekend. Stripped it all down already and ony had 3 bolts that were a bugger to get out (soak every bolt in WD40 for days before, feeling a bit smug 8) ). Unfortunatly one of thr ones that got stuck was the front left engine mount adjuster. I snapped the fins off the end of it....

Are there any options for these in terms of after market parts or is only the O.E.M bits?
Fins?
Do you mean the wings that surround the oval frame bolt?

That's not a disaster.
The adjuster screws into a threaded drilling/boss in the frame. It's not untypical for them to seize.
But its fairly easy to file flats on the inboard flared boss, to eable you to get Stilsons onto it, and overcome the seized section. If that doesn't work, hacksaw through the adjuster and the bolt itself and remove the engine.
You can then remove the bolt sections.

Once they're out of the way you can slide a hacksaw blade through the adjuster interior. Make two slots around 120 degrees apart, and then after a fair bit of effort you can slice through the steel adjuster, down to the point where the section is so thin you can lever a section out. Then it relaxes the remaining section and it can be extracted.
Then you need a new adjuster- i think I have one in stock, if you find it difficult to get one quickly.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Ant

Post by Ant »

tony.mon wrote: Do you mean the wings that surround the oval frame bolt?

That's not a disaster.
The adjuster screws into a threaded drilling/boss in the frame. It's not untypical for them to seize.
But its fairly easy to file flats on the inboard flared boss, to eable you to get Stilsons onto it, and overcome the seized section. If that doesn't work, hacksaw through the adjuster and the bolt itself and remove the engine.
You can then remove the bolt sections.

Once they're out of the way you can slide a hacksaw blade through the adjuster interior. Make two slots around 120 degrees apart, and then after a fair bit of effort you can slice through the steel adjuster, down to the point where the section is so thin you can lever a section out. Then it relaxes the remaining section and it can be extracted.
Then you need a new adjuster- i think I have one in stock, if you find it difficult to get one quickly.
Hello Tony,

Yeah that's the one, snapped the wings. I've got the bolt out of the centre but the adjuster is pretty seized in there. I've not gotten round to looking at the frame yet but the hacksaw idea is a good one will give that a go. Cheers for the advice!
Ant

Post by Ant »

Just found the Honda part number; 90117mbb000

From here:

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vtr1000f-fir ... ml#results

Just in case anyone needs it in the future.