How do you know

General Bike chat
roger64

How do you know

Post by roger64 »

Lets say you buy a second hand bike from a dealer how do you know if there is a product like Slime tube sealant in your tyres. :?:
With out doing a destructive test ie driving over nails or slashing your tyres :thumbdown:
I only ask this as I tried balancing the rear tyre and the heavy point keeps moving. :sad2
Wanted yellow donor bike
Wicky

Re: How do you know

Post by Wicky »

Take valve cap up and press valve to let a little bit of air out?? If green stuff comes out then you know.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
roger64

Post by roger64 »

I let quite a bit of air out and no green stuff came out 8O . The front wheel has only one heavy spot that it goes past then rolls back to, while the back has about 3 different spots where it passes then rolls back too ?
Wanted yellow donor bike
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Slime sticks to the rim as well as the tyre.
I would suggest pressing the valve in for a good 30 seconds when the valve is at the 12 o'clock position and letting the air blast out at full strength.
If not you may have to let all the air out and break the bead and physically have a look.
On the up side, slime is supposed to be self balancing so if the wheal was balanced before it won't need doing again so do you really need to balance the wheel?

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

I wouldnt get to worried aslong as its not the front wheel... :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: