Brakes

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
fabiostar

Brakes

Post by fabiostar »

ok got my blade calipers on. very nice. i have the matching master to go with them but iv fitted vfr800 bars and the master just wont sit far enough up the bars before it hits the bar mount?.. so to stop me having to remove a "v" outa the bar mount end has anybody used blade calipers with a standard storm master?
or has anybody had the same fitting issues space wise and got around the problem?

cheers
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Re: Brakes

Post by fabiostar »

SORTED< after a million different things, bars dont hit fairing,or tank and master just about sits where i want it :eek2 . simple things can look better after a beer :D
artee

Post by artee »

What did you do?

Roger
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

artee wrote:What did you do?

Roger
As Roger said :)

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Usually you have to re-angle the banjos on the MC, as they foul the fork leg or the top yoke clamp bolt.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote:Usually you have to re-angle the banjos on the MC, as they foul the fork leg or the top yoke clamp bolt.
spot on :thumbup: i also filled a little bit on the leading face of the clipon to allow the master cylinder to slid up far enough so i could get my switch and throttle tube on. bonus is you cant even see it because the master slipped up enough to cover it :thumbup:
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

I took Mr Dremel to the pegs on the master cylinder that stop the hose fitting being rotated to a more sensible angle.

CBR954 brakes are lovely! I did look at swapping the reservoir off the VTR master onto the CBR master as the latter spoils the view of some of the instrument lights, but they're actually the same piece, the reservoir mount on the 954 master cylinder is further inboard than the VTR so swapping parts won't help.
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150