What Oil?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Watty

Re: What Oil?

Post by Watty »

dudehog wrote:Sorry to bring up an old topic. I use silkolene 10/40 in mine. I can't remember whether it's fully or semi synthetic. Why can't fully synthetic be used?
Will generally cause clutch slip!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

dudehog wrote:Sorry to bring up an old topic. I use silkolene 10/40 in mine. I can't remember whether it's fully or semi synthetic. Why can't fully synthetic be used?
been there, I used silkolene pro4 and got clutch slip. After cleaning of plates and change to comp4, it is ok again.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Fully gives clutch slip, some disagree with this but more than enough people have tried it and reported slipping under hard acceleration from take off
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

as above i used fully synth once and iv have to put a new clutch in the storm :oops: . changed back to motul semi and the clutch is fine.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

seb421 wrote:
Fully gives clutch slip, some disagree with this but more than enough people have tried it and reported slipping under hard acceleration from take off
Seb,
Where the hell have you been hiding? thought you were lost to the Gixxer dark side
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
seb421 wrote:
Seb,
Where the hell have you been hiding? thought you were lost to the Gixxer dark side

Been a sh1t summer mate hardly been out on it so lost interest after the spring, did Donington on it which was mega but didn't really get many rides in after, had some suspension trouble with wrong oil put in after fork seals being done which wombles the handling up completely, went out with some fairly fast boys after I got my bike back and it was genuinely terrifying like riding a bucking broncobronco.
Was a while after that that I was able to get the suspension set up but it was still set up on that wrong weight of oil so start of next year Gona take it to Kais-suspension and get it all done right, last set of tires I almost rode it off the sidewalls this set since its had the seals done and wrong oil I've got like a wombles inch of chicken strip.

Hope all is well your end bud
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

seb421 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:
seb421 wrote:
Seb,

Been a sh1t summer mate hardly been out on it so lost interest after the spring, did Donington on it which was mega but didn't really get many rides in after, had some suspension trouble with wrong oil put in after fork seals being done which fooked the handling up completely, went out with some fairly fast boys after I got my bike back and it was genuinely terrifying like riding a bucking broncobronco.
Was a while after that that I was able to get the suspension set up but it was still set up on that wrong weight of oil so start of next year Gona take it to Kais-suspension and get it all done right, last set of tires I almost rode it off the sidewalls this set since its had the seals done and wrong oil I've got like a ferking inch of chicken strip.

Hope all is well your end bud
Fecking hell welcome back Seb [THUMBS UP SIGN]