Feeling quite happy

General Biker Banter
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Cheers Kev. I'm actually back up there at the end of the month as well so maybe then.

What company is it?
Rich.

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

A redundancy cupa? Does that = a big payout like it does here? Also often means you can claim all your superannuation. If so, sounds like the perfect start to a riding season! If not, then poo.

While we're on the topic of jobs, I've had it with mine too. I nurse in a private hospital, which means heavier patient loads, less equipment & stock, higher expectations & less pay. The nurses in the public sector have just been given a 25% pay-rise (which will just bring them in line with southern states), and we've been told our hospital can't afford to give us another 3%. Basically, by the time this all goes through, my equivalent in public will be on 1.5 x my pay. "So get a job over there", I hear you say??? Not so simple. In order to get a job there, I'd have to quit my job, join the public casual pool to be at their beck & call whilst getting my name & face known & then hope to get a permanent job. My mortgage kinda makes that a gigantic risk. The stress levels are huge because nurses are quitting left, right & centre & the workload for those left is increasing accordingly. Staff just aren't being replaced. I'm the only one on my ward still working full-time (probably no more than 10 in the whole hospital).

SO, I'm looking into massage courses. Going to get me all qualified & then cut back nursing hours & do massage privately (no, Tony & Chris, not massaging privates...). Funny thing is, I've already lined up work where I am now, doing massage for the nursing staff! Reckon combining massage with RN will be a good call & won't have any trouble getting contracts with businesses, sports teams, etc. Mmmm... sports teams... fit, young fellas in need of a good massage... Think I may have found my calling :wink: .
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

VTRgirl wrote:A redundancy cupa? Does that = a big payout like it does here? Also often means you can claim all your superannuation. If so, sounds like the perfect start to a riding season! If not, then poo.
Normally, yes but i've only been there 10 months so it means feck all for me.
Rich.

yellafella

Post by yellafella »

kevg wrote:
looking forward to inverness now, i'll have some money to spend and can bore you all with my tales about hydraulics, :wink:
Theres nowt boring about Hydraulics Kev ! Could chat all day !! :D
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

yellafella wrote:
kevg wrote:looking forward to inverness now, i'll have some money to spend and can bore you all with my tales about hydraulics, :wink:
Theres nowt boring about Hydraulics Kev ! Could chat all day !! :D
I used to manage a hydraulics factory... Can I play? Can I play???
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote: (no, Tony & Chris, not massaging privates...)
That's a shame :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kevg

Post by kevg »

VTRgirl, you can play for sure.

here's the website of the place i'm starting at.

http://www.tis-manufacturing.com

some of the pages aren't working yet, but it'll give the hydraulic freaks amongst you a hint of what i'll be playing with.

i'm starting on the 17th, if your about Rich drop me a line, i'll prolly be travelling home for the weekends but midweek i'l be looking for something to do, lol.

Al, i'll PM you and see if your around, i'm also going to start posting on the ABZ site as i'm now going to be up there for most of the time, but can't see when i'm going to get the bike up there.
cheerz

kev
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Good news, or maybe bad, I'm back up there on the 18th for 3 days. :P Maybe we could get together with Al and have a mini storm meet.
Rich.

VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I was thinking maybe you'd call that a "shower" meet, but perhaps that may have other connotations... :? 8O
BigD

Post by BigD »

VTR1000KAZ wrote: bigd.. you off to bigger and better things too then?

:D
Yep - into the world of Private _anking!!! I don't get me hands mucky like you lot - pen pushing can be quite dangerous thoughy - I once had a really bad papercut - it was bleeding and everything!!!
Last edited by BigD on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.