What ever happens to.....

General Biker Banter
saint

What ever happens to.....

Post by saint »

your bike when you sell it? How many people actually see their "old" bike again. When I sold mine a few months ago I didn't see it again since. I know the guy who bought it sold it on for a little profit on ebay. (maybe the new owner is on here now).
Have you seen your old bikes after you sold them?
If you find any spelling mistakes, you can keep them.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I have seen a couple of my old bikes from years gone by, but now you mention it out of all the bikes I've actually owned I've not really seen that many, never thought about it before :!:

There use to be a link on here a long time ago where you could pump in an old registration number and it would give you a list of details on that vehicle, including the area its now residing in, but I can't remember who that was, perhaps someone can enlighten us to that link :?:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Don't know about my old bikes, but I know my Calais got written off two weeks after I sold it... My mum saw the buyer limping down the road afterwards. Brain damage & everything. Sad all 'round.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Heh ! Just discovered that the date of manufacture on my storm was 31st of December 1998 ! So its closer to a 99 model ? Think i could use that as a selling point if i ever let it go ???
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i sold my puch in 1976 for 35quid!!with any luck it went into the crusher shortly after!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
BigD

Post by BigD »

yellafella wrote:Heh ! Just discovered that the date of manufacture on my storm was 31st of December 1998 ! So its closer to a 99 model ? Think i could use that as a selling point if i ever let it go ???
Not sure whether that info is accurate as mine was 31/12/98 as well!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:t'was me Chris!

i'll try and find it for you again.
............ have just searched back through most of the posts i've made.. and although there is a reference to it, theres no link :x

I know it's on the BB site somewhere.. it's where i got it from, so will have a search through there later on :wink:
Well done Kaz, good try in finding those two sites, looking at some of my old emails it would appear it was the RAC site that I was referring too, as I had registered with them and wouldn't have done that for any other reason. It looks like they use to give vehicle location but do not now :!:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:its like all other things are going Chris... if you want the info... you gotta pay for it ! :x
You're not kidding, I saw a TV programme recently where scum sorry I mean companies are now able to send you a fine in the post after taking a digi photo of wrongly parked vehicle, no need to wheel clamp you anymore, they're meant to put a note on the windscreen to say you've been had, but some of the thieving scum are not doing that, so the first thing you realise you've been done is when the fine arrives in the post which could take up to 2wks to arrive, in the mean time like some people on the programme you carry on using the same parking spot you could end up with half a dozen fines before you know anything about it, one person who refused to pay had fines totalling £1000 or there abouts. All these day light robbers have to do (once they have your registration number) is phone the DVLA and pay (as you said) £2.50 or there abouts and they can have your name and address, so long as they were a company they could get this info :!: