VTR SP1 for £2750 (or best offer) - CRIKEY!!

Moderator: VTRDark

Roger Ditchfield

Re: VTR SP1 for £2750 (or best offer) - CRIKEY!!

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

Wicky wrote:
carmanbikes wrote:
lloydie wrote:Love the butchery of the cans , could of at least got the pink off them
Can you take the colour off the cans
:eek2 That would be sacrilege to the great God Moriwaki.
WHAT A TRAGEDY! THE FULL UNCORRUPTED MORIWAKI EXHAUST SYSTEM WOULD FETCH AROUND £2000.00!!
I DARE NOT SEND THE PHOTOS TO MAMORU MORIWAKI!! :roll:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I really don't understand the excitement. I've got the spare cash to buy it but I am not tempted in the least. It looks tatty. The paint job is an abortion and, from what I gather the SP1 was never meant to be used as it came out of the factory.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
alanfjones1411 wrote:wish I had a piggy bank to raid :(
It's actually my Demijohn, and contains any loose change I choose to throw in there. My system is: I only keep in my pocket, 1 of each small coin (1 x 5p, 1 x 10p, 1 x 20p etc). It saves having a heavy pocket full rattling round, and p1ssing the woman of at the petrol station. So, anything "more" than the quota goes into the "change jar".

Out of curiosity, I tipped the lot out on the floor and counted it up. OOOOH - I have all of £6 and 45p. :( :Cry1:

Add that to the £3.78 I have in the bank, and I think I can hold back on the holiday to the South of France for now.

It ain't gonna with this SP1, although I may get to buy all 4 bulbs in the indicators though..... :(

we have one of those large whisky bottles for any change. anything from 50p down. Its emptied just before we going skiing every year. We always have over £100 normally. It pays for a meal the night before we fly out from gatwick. and the odd, Stroh on the slopes.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

bigtwinthing wrote:we have one of those large whisky bottles for any change
I originally wanted one of them. They call them "40 ouncers" up here. But they're like hens teeth to get hold of. Too expensive to buy from the cash n' carry (for me anyway), and no chance in getting one from a pub, as the waiting list is as long as yer arm. The demijohn does the job, but last time it took 4 years for me to get it just halfway, and even then it was only about 70 quid if I rightly recall... :roll:

Pension day has come and gone, felt flush again for a short bit, paid all me bills, bought stuff to fill the tum, and there wasn't a single loose penny available to get tossed into the bottle!

The VTR is seriously being considered going up for sale. I've taken fresh photos, and even drafted an advert. It's just getting past the painful decision to post it up on Gumtree.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
kev64

Post by kev64 »

This bikes still up for sale and I'm gonna get proper drunk Friday or Saturday
I'm so tempted to buy this bike and I'm sober, HELP :eek2
kev64

Post by kev64 »

The only person that could save me is "The GBM"
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

ooh heck. I don't think me Jedi mind tricks will work on you. But, we'll give it a go:

Bike? What bike? Sp1? What Sp1?

If you do buy it, and it ends in divorce, it's got nowt to do with me Suhn!

So, erm, no, you can't come stay with me n' sleep on my floor after She gives you "The Order of The Boot".

:think: :wink: :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:ooh heck. I don't think me Jedi mind tricks will work on you. But, we'll give it a go:

Bike? What bike? Sp1? What Sp1?

If you do buy it, and it ends in divorce, it's got nowt to do with me Suhn!

So, erm, yes you can come stay with me n' sleep in my bed you sexy brute after She gives you "The Order of The Boot".

:think: :wink: :lol:
there you fixed that for you :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's tempting as a track hack but by the time you spent the money getting it back to a decent condition you would still end up with a big mileage bike to sell.
And in order to get even half decent money for it you'd have to repair and respray the fairing...I'll hold out for a sub 20,000 mile sp2, and put up with paying the extra 3k+
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Tony, PM sent :thumbup: