Feeling quite happy

General Biker Banter
iggy1966

Feeling quite happy

Post by iggy1966 »

Just writing out my resignation letter to work, got a very happy feeling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
kevg

Post by kevg »

what you moving on to iggy.

i'm waiting for a telephone call to tell me i have a start at a new job, they finish at 3 on a friday, just over an hour to go, they are leaving it late.
cheerz

kev
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Kev

I'm off to a private firm consulting engineers, got offered a position that takes me up to a partner in three years!!!! Fug me do they know what there in for!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not going down too well with the current boss, he's not a happy bunny :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

iggy1966 wrote:Kev

I'm off to a private firm consulting engineers, got offered a position that takes me up to a partner in three years!!!! Fug me do they know what there in for!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not going down too well with the current boss, he's not a happy bunny :lol:
A parnership in three years!!!
Careful Iggy. You might have to start working for a living :wink:

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Congrats by the way
Pete.l
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Pete.L wrote:
A parnership in three years!!!
Careful Iggy. You might have to start working for a living :wink:

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Congrats by the way
Pete.l
Work!!! no one mentioned that!!!! 8O I just heard "blah blah blah more money blah blah blah health care blah blah blah etc "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kevg

Post by kevg »

Not bad iggy,

i'm still waiting for the offer from the interview i went to last week, it got put back a couple of days.

and got a call to go to an interview on wednesday for a job i would like to be doing, CAD designer, they train me up to be project leader and designer also, money quite good, so here's hoping. although its in aberdeen, but can't complain to much as its about the only place i'm going to find an engineering job these days in scotland.
cheerz

kev
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

best of luck Kev.

You could always head south if there nothing doing Plenty of CAD guys required around these parts.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

iggy1966 wrote:I just heard "blah blah blah more money blah blah blah health care blah blah blah etc "
Perfect! Where can I get a job like that?
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
kevg

Post by kevg »

Well i'm now wombles exstatic today, just been offered a job in aberdeen, start in 2 weeks after the easter hols. project engineer, working with 3d CAD on hydraulic components for the oil & gas industry.
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kevg wrote:Well i'm now wombles exstatic today, just been offered a job in aberdeen, start in 2 weeks after the easter hols. project engineer, working with 3d CAD on hydraulic components for the oil & gas industry.
Well done Kev :!: That sounds interesting work to me :!: Have you accepted the offer :?:

Chris.
kevg

Post by kevg »

thanks Kaz, its been a long year trying.

yup accepted the offer, the contract is in the post.

i'd be nearer to inverness there, but might not have the bike up there with me by then, will need to play it by ear. might just pop over in the car for the weekend. lol.
cheerz

kev
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Good news Kev, hope it all goes well, you'll now be able to pay off your credit cards :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigD

Post by BigD »

I resigned on Tuesday as well :lol: :lol: Boss is on holiday this week and decided best not tell him till he came back. However, somebody emailed him on his Blackberry to ask him when I was leaving :o :o :o
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Well done Kev, did you get a hair cut for the interview?

Shame your not up there earlier, i'm working up there all next week, could have met up for a beer.

And on the subject of job changes...i'm in line for potential redundancy. Why do I always loose jobs right at the start of riding season? :cry:
Rich.

kevg

Post by kevg »

Does she get to bring Pizzas home after a shift as well kaz :?:

thanks for all the support guys and gals.

sorry to hear that rich, they do pick the worst times for you. i'm due to start on the 17th, think thats easter monday, they don't have it off.

looking forward to inverness now, i'll have some money to spend and can bore you all with my tales about hydraulics, :wink:
cheerz

kev