I missed my bike

General Biker Banter
nt1980

Re: I missed my bike

Post by nt1980 »

New starter solenoid on and now running on the button just awaiting new top engine mount crash bung and some new rear sets did not go for triumph ones as they would cost what i paid for the bike hopefully get it on the road for the weekend to try it out :D
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Update so far have got the solenoid on and all good and the rag crash bung fitted now insured and taxed and went for a little run saturday afternoon and runs sweet so very happy just need the rear sets keep pressing for the rear brake and forgetting it is not there oopps :thumbup:
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

great rough feeling engine i had a 955I Sprint, it did however consume fook loads of oil, they feel a rough engine but do pull very well. Servicing is costly and don't start with a flat Battery, you will bugger the sprag clutch and thats a dear and a pain to do.
Last edited by bigtwinthing on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Im lucky in a kinda way with the sprag clutch as its located near the starter motor on the later version with its own cover though i do say only thing that put me off was price on parts 80 quid for a rear brake pedal is pretty steep especially when i bought some aftermarket rear sets for a little more.