CBR400 fork brace on VTR?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
snakebitey

CBR400 fork brace on VTR?

Post by snakebitey »

Hey all,

I've found a CBR400 (92-98) fork brace on eBay for £12.59... anyone know if it'll fit the VTR forks?

Google's not helping much - one source will say the axle's a different width, another says they're the same.... I think the fork diameter is the same though.

Planning on getting CBR F4i calipers / master cylinder and some new springs and fork overhaul over the winter, so it'd be nice to have a good brace!
Working manual CCTs thanks to the wonderful folks of this forum :)
Wicky

Re: CBR400 fork brace on VTR?

Post by Wicky »

Can't you measure your VTR forks and compare them to the pic on the ebay ad to see if they fit...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

That pic is fairly pointless.. What is that 263mm dimension actually indicating, I have no idea?

Is it the overall width, outside of one fork bore to the other or two random points?

If it is supposed to bore to bore then that will give you 201mm.. the Firestorm is 192mm if I remember correctly.

If it is supposed to be overall width then I have no idea what the point of putting on there is...
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
snakebitey

Post by snakebitey »

I don't have the bike with me atm to measure!

It appears though that other CBR400 braces are 190mm centre-to-centre. Further googling backs 192mm up for the VTR...

It's only 2mm out, so slotted holes and some fettling could get it happy I suppose! Found some cheaper ones for a tenner so might give it a go...
Working manual CCTs thanks to the wonderful folks of this forum :)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

for £10 I would be very worried that the material is close to chewing gum strength
AMcQ