Fao travis and/or Mike

General Bike chat
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: Fao travis and/or Mike

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Stu9 wrote:1) you've never bothered emailing, despite Chris giving you mine
2) Will one or both of you let me know what's happening?
3) Are these for sale or not?
4) Could you not have emailed to say what's happening after putting them on for sale?
5) Try 3-4 days...it's just that I'm used to when someone sells something, they usually answer quite quickly...
"...would Sir like any salt or vinegar on that chip...?" :lol:

I've replied to adverts freshly posted on Gumtree (within an hour), and never got a reply back for 9 days. I thought they sold the item, or couldn't be arsed replying.

The folk on this forum are a damn good bunch of blokes (and lasses), and they will reply to any mails or postings aimed at them. Yes, sometimes it does take some folk a bit longer to reply than others, but a reply is attended to none-the-less!

But, you have to remember Stu9, that people could have something happen soon after posting. Emergencies, family members getting sick (or worse), pets can die, cars can be crashed.

Imagine a man posted an advert 2 weeks ago, selling something. He posted the ad just before he left to go to that Airshow (where the plane came down on the main road). And now, the man who placed the ad hours just a few hours earlier, has now died as a result of the jet accident.

Imagine people calling his mobile phone, wanting the item, emailing him asking questions, again, wanting desperately to buy......but getting no reply.

Eventually, the buyers get annoyed, and start sending heavy emails, or sending heavy text messages, telling him to go stuff it, or asking: "what's the point of putting up an ad if yer not gonna reply back"....or "what's the hold up"/"where are you"/"thought you wanted to sell"? etc.

....but, no-one knows the REAL reason he hasn't replied.

Thankfully, none of that happened in this situation. Now, you may see that example as a "bit extreme". But what I'm getting at is: "things happen". So, give folk the benefit of the doubt! Take some time out of yer (clearly annoyed) heavy breathing, and think about other folk and their possible circumstances for a bit.

Not everyone is sitting at the computer 24-7, hitting refresh every 5 minutes looking for replies!

Be glad that you did (albeit a bit later than you anticipated) get a reply. I regard that as lucky you did get a reply, 'cos if the "click fingers and instantly expect to jump" was directed at me, then I wouldn't have bothered!! You have come across as being slightly "progressively aggressive" by way of wording your posts, and that won't get anyone anywhere fast!

Cool yer jets man! Life's too short.

Dave. :thumbup:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

And breath :lol: :roll:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Stu9 wrote:And breathe :lol: :roll:
:Beer Popcorn: :Beer1: :Beer2: :Group Hug:
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

gardening can be a good way to relax :thumbup:

what sort of stuff were you doing spikenipple?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
spikenipple

Post by spikenipple »

I spent the first 15 minutes picking up 2 months worth of dog sh1t, as my housemate doesn't bother, despite me moaning at her.
I then spent the next who knows how long cutting 2 months worth of lawn, to then strim the borders.
Then I spent an hour or so trimming the bush :shifty: including the neighbour's overhanging bush :shh: and weeding throughout.
Then I decided to weed the patio and give it a good tidy up, followed by mowing the lawn again after it had dried out for a while.

All followed by a few of these: :beer:

Just need to wash the MT09 now and then I will have a go at the 'storm exhausts.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

since when did we start a gardening club :confused ................. this forum is too random for me

but that's why I like it:thumbup: :thumbup:
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

After reading this- GBM I'm heading round to yours for a brew and a smoke! :rolleyes4:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

spikenipple wrote: including the neighbour's overhanging bush :shh: .

no need to :shh:
you can cut any overhanging branches and you can put them back on their side for them to get rid of and they can`t say a thing :thumbup: