Cut down fairing advice

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Knobby69

Cut down fairing advice

Post by Knobby69 »

After dropping my VTR when a car pulled up 10ft from junction white lines without warning earlier in the year as I was peeling off to the left, then putting around on the Transalp before going to the Stella Alpina, I now find myself with the Tranny sold and needing to get the VTR sorted pronto if I am going to Rhayader again in Sept.

I was lucky in that I landed on grass so not even winded, but not so the VTR.... It needs a new rear seat cowl which I have(but with red decals), clutch lever-ordered, footpeg bolt-done. It also needs a left side fairing with YELLOW decal. I will also get round to fitting the Realm Engineering shock which finally got sorted after much waiting.

What I am proposing to do as I cannot find a black LHS fairing panel unless you know different!!!!!!!, is to get both sides of any colour I can get, even damaged..........such that when cut down to also accept the VFR750 alloy bars, it resembles the red one from the USA (I think) that inhabits my screensaver and looks something like an early Fazer when finished.

Has anyone done this before and have any tips to pass on????? The engine underneath is not the prettiest and has some corrosion, but this seems the best option as spraying will only cost a £50 or so if I get a friend in the right mood. I am also wondering about a single rad conversion as this then shows the (corroded!!!)engine off to its best. There are lots of comments on here about one rad being marginal, but only suggestions about alternative rads as none seem to have actually been fitted. Since I also hope to be getting the wheels powder coated in perhaps gold........any companies that can be recommended for the work near South Wales, Brixham or in between?

Thank you

Nigel
AMCQ46

Re: Cut down fairing advice

Post by AMCQ46 »

bloody hell Nigel, you have been awol since last OP storm, was beginning to think we had frightened you away :eek2

not sure I can help with your question, but cutting the fairing is fairly easy with a dremmel, so what have you got to lose
AMcQ
chippy 55

Re: Cut down fairing advice

Post by chippy 55 »

Realise this is an old post but any updates on realm shocker