Road Racing, from another perspective.

General Biker Banter
Salty Dog

Road Racing, from another perspective.

Post by Salty Dog »

Found this recently uploaded on YouTube, a great watch.
I realise now, this has been uploaded because of the very unfortunate death of Dr John Hinds recently.
What a waste of such a talented man that helped save so many before him.

3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: Road Racing, from another perspective.

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Now THAT had some funny bits in it. Especially when Dr Hinds gets to 13mins into his talk....and discusses the a rider who got called to race, but he was still adjusting his front brakes.
With the comment "aww fech it, it'll be fine", we see the bike in a garden after the 1st corner! Medical assessment of all injured parties on the scene, and the garden gnomes were sadly unable to be saved after being flattened. :lol: I almost spit me coffee out.

And then when it got to the "helmet" slides: aww ffs! :lol: :clap: Comical with his delivery, and we're only half way through the conference.

This Dr. Hinds guy had a superb sense of humour! Excellent and educational video, but very sad in the circumstances of why it's up there. :(
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

brilliant video. and as others have said a funny funny guys and from watching him at races i can tell you, bloody fast on a bike..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow thanks for posting. I just s watched the whole video...fantastic and what great sense of humour.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Yes, i have watched it a couple of times now.

I also forwarded it onto our local Ambulance Driver whom is an avid rider for the passed 40 years.
I watched it again with a friend i ride with, there is a lot to be learnt in the event of an accident, and no doubt, being riding buddies, one of us is bound to be the first person on scene.

I may even consider taking a small First Aid kit now.

It's just so gut wrenching this man is no longer with us, what a wealth of knowledge he was, with a great sense of humour to boot.
John Hinds who died after his motorcycle crashed into a wall as he followed contenders during a practice session
And this from his Medical Team
Dear friends, we are aware that word is spreading on other forums regarding Doc John, and have already been getting queries from literally all around the world.
John suffered an extremely serious accident while providing medical cover at the Skerries road races yesterday and was taken to Beaumont Hospital in Dublin, but passed away earlier this morning. As a team and as friends we are naturally devastated, but our thoughts are first for Janet and the rest of John's family who were able to be with him at this time. We feel also for our colleagues on the Southern Medical Team and in the Beaumont who we know worked brilliantly and did everything they could to help him.
Nice Tributes, very sad.

3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh I knew about his passing.

For someone that saved so many lives to loose their own life saving others. There's not much that can be said really. Very sad. Hopefully some good will come out of this and they will get the Air Ambulance they want.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside