Yellow one - Oldmeldrum

Spotted another fellow Stormer? See if it was anyone on here!
mattster

Yellow one - Oldmeldrum

Post by mattster »

Passed a nice looking yellow storm at Oldmeldrum golf club yesterday :wave:

Yellow/Black bellypan.

Think we have a member in Ellon? So I'm guessing that's who it was! I was in a car...
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: Yellow one - Oldmeldrum

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

I was in oldmeldrum a little while back on me way to Inverurie (Thursday 9th April), and I passed a yellow storm coming out of the square. We were both only going about 10 mph when we passed each other.

It was a young lass riding it, probably in her late 30s, and her height about 5ft 4" (she was on her tippy toes when she got to the junction, and she had to lean the bike leaned over to the left to support it). I waved at her, and she nodded back at me. Both our bikes within 10ft of each other. Can't remember the name of the cans she had (not a euphemism!), but MY GAWD, were they loud and deep bass sounding (Louder than my Blue Flame Evos with no baffles).

There's also a guy in Fraserburgh I've met a couple of times, and he has an orange one. I took plenty photos of it when he parked it beside mine in the Fraserburgh Asda carpark. Then, we met again at a bike rally. Top bloke! :thumbup:

That all waffled, Willie Youngs Motorcycles in Elgin sold a really nice, clean, red Firestorm last month (approx. mid June), and so far, I've had 6 people saying that they've seen me riding like a loonie, cutting up traffic and being an butt on it. :x

Sorry, it's NOT me, as I have a white number-board on my storm, and MY seat hump is re-sprayed satin black. I also have a large "Diabetic Rider" sticker in the centre of the screen, which you can't miss. (not that I've been out on it recently, apart from sneaking out to get tyres fitted)

The "d*ckhead-red-storm-riders-bike" is just a plain storm with OEM cans. But, if I ever do meet this person on the red storm, I'm gonna kick his (or her) butt. :evil:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
mattster

Post by mattster »

It was possibly her then! There are some great roads up that way for the bike. I've not had mine up there for quite a few years now... it's overdue a run!

Digressing slightly, but Willie Youngs is always worth a nosey when I'm up there - I popped in for a look a few months back and ended up yapping to him about his ZX-7RR and a 996 that was in for some work.. seemed like a decent guy.

I'll keep an eye out for the (other) red one next time I'm in the area and give him a bollocking for you :thumbup: :wave:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Having said that, I don't know.

There's a yellow VTR for sale in Fraserburgh, and it comes with a black belly pan (Gold Honda lettering on the pan). So, it may have been this one? It's only about 35 miles from Oldmeldrum, so could have been out for a ride? It was posted on Gumtree last week, and was reposted yesterday. (Oh, and although the guys name is Dave, it's NOT me, and I am not affiliated with he sale of this bike!)

Yellow VTR1000 for Sale In Fraserburgh

If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017