Sold my Firestorm and I miss it

General Biker Banter
Theodio

Sold my Firestorm and I miss it

Post by Theodio »

Good day dear friends!

I don't know if you remember me with all my problems with my VTR. With your help I've managed to to fix the 180 degrees out issue, japanesse speed limiter, stick coils conventions and many others! I'd like to thank you all for your help and the knowledge I got with wrenching here and there!

I sold my baby months ago clean and shine, and got one Suzuki Hayabusa 07' black edition almost new with 12800 km on the clock. I'm amazed with this bike, but i miss the old girl. I miss the fact how easy is to service and put your hands on. In the busa you cannot do nothing, because shes all dressed with fairings and its new, my hands are trembling to touch her. :roll:

Anyway I thought I wanted to share this with you, and thank you for everything, but if dont delete me from this forum I'll sure drop by to say hi and why not to share m experience!
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Sold my Firestorm and I miss it

Post by sirch345 »

Good day Theo, good to hear from you again :thumbup:

It sounds like you are getting on well with the Hayabusa, they are IMHO some bike. My brother used to own one so I know what they are like. The only trouble with me owning one would be my right hand :wink: all that power is so tempting :)

Please do drop in like you have, it's good to hear from you :thumbup:
We won't be deleting you just because you don't own a Firestorm anymore,

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

very kind words theo, I hope the busa treats you well, and as sirch says, don't be a stranger, we have loads of members who ride different bikes now.
who knows one day you might own another firestorm.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Theodio

Post by Theodio »

Well, let me point out the differences:

plus on Firestorm:
1. Sound -amazing sexy -gorgeous with aftermarket pipes
2. Low end torque - huge torque in milliseconds -
3. Very easy maintenance
4. Build quality - excellent
5. Very flexible you can do wheelies, burnout without the danger to die immediately.

plus on the Busa:
1. Amazing-breath taking acceleration
2. Ridiculously easy acceleration like a game
3. amazing looks (to my opinion)
4. Top speed that you cannot imagine.
5. Very easy to ride and safe - very progressive acceleration-not scary as firestorm
6. electronic mambo jumbo - EFI, 32 bit ECU etc.
7. Extremely stable at extr high speeds.

minus on the busa:
1. You feel safe in a short time and you open the throttle and you imagine that you could die!!
2. Very deceitful, you cannot calculate the cruise speed.

The bottom line is that the firestorm is more fun, you can let the others hear the astonishing sound of your exhausts while revving(I adore it), more dangerous the throttle response is very snippy, you can wheelie, burnout draw attention through the sound.
On the other side the Busa is extremely fast and eats up long distances veryy faaaast. Its big, beautiful, everyone stares at it.

Anyway living these days in Greece my baby stays on the garage locked. Imagine that I cannot draw my salary only 50 euros per day. :wtf:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good to hear from you Theo and thanks for posting. Great post on you views between the two bikes. I wish you well with you new toy. :thumbup:

Sorry for the short post but I'm in a hurry.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Theodio

Post by Theodio »

Thank you all guys!!
Just for the record you know like a little kid i'd like to show you my new toy.!

My plans if it goes well I'll search for a good condition VTR, couz i miss her a lot!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looks mean in black, are you going to put some nice exhausts on it as well?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Theodio

Post by Theodio »

Thanks agentpineapple!!

I'm considering yoshi's black and K&N air filter but she will running lean and will need power commander or yoshi box to tune... :o