Paint advice

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rufion

Paint advice

Post by Rufion »

Hey Lads

Does anybody here know much about paint? I have the red 99, code is hn359m...it looks just red to me, but the local spray guys reckons over the phone that is a pearl 3 coat system. I want to paint a black solo seat cowl and my rear tail cowl oem red..and touch up a few bits on the fairing. I have sprayed a fair bit in the past but dont know much about pearls etc and would hate to end up wearing some.

Can anyone advise...

Cheers

Ian
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Your spray shop are probably correct.
I wanted some touch up for my late colour yellow Storm and found our it was a 3 coat perlesant.

I just took the paint shops colour chart and found the closest match, which was fine for touching up, but would not work of the seat cowl.

The problem with the 3 coat system is, if you don't put the correct amount of each coat on you will not get a good colour match.

I think you would need to get a GOOD spray shop to match it to another panel on your bike. It might just work out cheaper to buy one in the correct colour and sell your black one.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Paint advice

Post by sirch345 »

Rufion wrote:Hey Lads

Does anybody here know much about paint? I have the red 99, code is hn359m...it looks just red to me, but the local spray guys reckons over the phone that is a pearl 3 coat system. I want to paint a black solo seat cowl and my rear tail cowl oem red..and touch up a few bits on the fairing. I have sprayed a fair bit in the past but dont know much about pearls etc and would hate to end up wearing some.

Can anyone advise...

Cheers

Ian
Ian,

That code doesn't seem correct to me :!: I have red Firestorm the same as you and mine is the same year 1999. My code is as below (courtesy of Patb) :!: I found out that Halfords can supply paint for the red model with my code :!:

Chris.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

a 3 coat system as follows white primer , correct colour 6 light coats, clear coat bit of a flat off withh 2000 grade paper then a good polish...... tada job done ...... if colour matching allways do it in natural day light