what would you swap your storm for

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what would you swap your storm for

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote:
I am trying my best though.

With all the effort and enthusiasm you're putting in, I think you're doing very well Phil :thumbup:

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:The Firestorm never fails to put a big grin on my face :D why would I want to swap it :lol:
To put it another way, I have not yet come across any bike I would want more than my Firestorm.
If the circumstances arose, I would most likely have another bike as well as the Storm, not swap it though. That might be a CCM Supermoto, or a trail bike.

The closest bike I have ridden to a CB1300 would be the Suzuki GSX1400 (no full fairing though) and I have ridden the early full power Hayabusa, great bikes, but for me they both lacked soul.

Once you get the suspension sorted on a Storm you'll find it's very different bike. A Storm is now cheap for a 1000cc bike, so spending some wonga on the suspension still makes it a reasonably priced bike IMO.
It's a hard job to describe exactly what the Storm does for me, saying the bike has a soul is probably the closest way I can describe it. Those of you who don't get that will think I'm losing it, but those of you who do will know exactly what I mean. It probably takes a little more input to get the big V twin working as you want against an inline four, which I find makes your ride so much more enjoyable when you get it right. Also I like to tinker with my bike, repair my own bike, today's bikes with all the electronic gizmo's takes away those options.
Then there is the exhaust note, music to my ears 8)

To me you either get the big V twin thing or you don't, and I know it's not for everyone.

Chris.
+1 on that too. My storm with the WP Shock and the Rodgered forks was great and was well worth the money to make the changes. Its just the CB1000r in the repsol colours did it. Simple.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sirch it's why it wasn't to hard to let kermit go as I have piggy waiting in the wings to be done .
I couldn't see myself without a vtr .
Love them but one is enough tho .
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Might just let it go for one of these! :erection:

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Flatline wrote:Might just let it go for one of these! :erection:

I just let one go as well.... wheres the tissues :eek2
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

how about one these ? ? read a good write up the other day and I think they look the biz

not sure my legs are long enough though ? :(
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Or this:

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Phil,
stop looking at photos and get in the shed and finish yours
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

I've only just got My latest storm (3rd one) on the road so right now I wouldn't change it, I have it because I couldn't afford much on a bike and you do get a lot of bike for relatively little money, I thought about an early R1 and a 918 or 929 Blade but for the same money they are generally used and abused.

If I had money for a new bike I'm not sure what I'd do, would be nice to have that problem though. I do like the new R1 and the BMW s1000rr as well as the S1000r, but for the money I could have a mint SP2 (not for the v-twin thing so much, more for an investment) and £7500 still to spend which would get me a very nice 3-4 year old superbike, while one depreciates the other would appreciate.

Or I could an get an SP2 and my big bore EFE engined popup Katana back on the road, but then I'd have no money for anything modern so I'd keep the storm...
Anyone got £15k to give me I'm liking the plan :lol:

Last edited by popkat on Mon May 25, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Vincent black shadow please. Nothing more modern than the storm really moves me to be honest.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

Kev L wrote:Vincent black shadow please. Nothing more modern than the storm really moves me to be honest.
:thumbup: :thumbup: That is a nice piece of kit if you have a spare 40-50K laying around. If I had the money I would plonk for the Norvin.
Da Lipper

Post by Da Lipper »

I quite fancied the 650 versys or a MT09 Tracer.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Oh Dear not my cup of tea at all.each to their own though eh!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

SDR1290 (or forthcoming 1290 SMT)..... Tuono 1100..... R1200RS...... MT-09 (modded, of course)..... GSX-S1000 (see previous comment)....... Tuono V-twin with 1060 or 1103 kit....... Tiger 800..... that should do for now.......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express