twin feed scottoiler

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
appledell

twin feed scottoiler

Post by appledell »

i am thinking of fitting a scottoiler with the twin feed to the front sprocket. I have read all the previous posts on the subject and cant make my mind up on the positioning. If I just let the oil drip on the chain from the top, the centrifugal force would just fling the oil into the casing, so the nozzle needs to be positioned near the sprocket so that the centrifugal force flings the oil onto the links.

Has anyone fitted a twin feed to the front sprocket?
V8 on 4 wheels V2 on 2
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Have you seen the size of the twin feed unit?
I think you'd really struggle to fit it in the front sprocket area

Also, as you said it, it'd want to feed to the inside of the sprocket but as the front sprocket spins forward you'd need to somehow get it to inject uphill!!

And if you use paqddock stands the rear sprocket's a no-no as well coz the gubbins gets in the way :evil:

Best options, obviously IMHO is either a single feed to the front sprocket or bin it and get some chain wax :wink:

Ben
jurgen

Post by jurgen »

I just use the scot-oil, not the oiler instead of chain wax. Found in the past that chain wax flings everywhere.

Once a week...seems to keep it in good nick. Third bike i'm doing it on and still no probs :-)
Jurgs
Anonymous

oiler

Post by Anonymous »

fitted one to mine , placed the drip tube on rear sprocket does the job and chain is always clean