Which bike Sat-Nav?

Post by sirch345 »

Which make Sat-Nav for a motorcycle do you guy's recommend :?:

Thanks in advance,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Re: Which bike Sat-Nav?

Post by AMCQ46 »

i used to only use a hill walking garmin with no maps. where I downloaded waypoints where the road changed and the direction I would take [plus a set of road numbers in a list on my tank bag.

I still use that occasionally as it is not overloadiung you with information or updating itself.

for a full satnav I use my I-phone with a free satnav app that has the maps downloaded so don't need internet connection when it is running. using the iphone with gloves on is not easy, but the rest works OK
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I have a tom tom rider on mine. Slightly bulky compared to newer satnav but it does its job and will plan a twisty route for you :thumbup:
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

5" nosatec off ebay £29. Waterproof bag £12. Homemade centrestem bracket. Full european maps, earphone socket. Easy to use. Customise screen time, distance to go, eta etc. Very good. I can make you the bracket if you need one.
The bag comes with handlebar clamp. If you want to borrow & try out, no problem just let me know :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I've just used my car garmin. You can get a waterproof case and stem stand for about £35 for a good one.
Or, if you have a smart phone, get an APP, they work pretty good. There are plenty of cases and stem stands to make it look a profesisional fit and you then have the convienience of all the phone functions without having to carry two devices around.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Many thanks to you all for your replies :thumbup:
Interesting to hear what different devices you're using.
bsabloke wrote:5" nosatec off ebay £29. Waterproof bag £12. Homemade centrestem bracket. Full european maps, earphone socket. Easy to use. Customise screen time, distance to go, eta etc. Very good. I can make you the bracket if you need one.
The bag comes with handlebar clamp. If you want to borrow & try out, no problem just let me know :thumbup:
Many thanks BSAbloke for your very generous offer, I don't think that will be necessary, but I really appreciate your kind offer :thumbup:
If I need a Centerstem bracket I'll be in touch, thanks,

Chris.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I use an original style Garmin Zumo 400. It can be pretty useful on roads you don't know as it can give you a heads up of junctions and hairpin bends ahead.

Al.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I used to have a very old Garmin, which died. I now have a TomTom Rider which is OK, but the interface and useability (with a PC) on the Garmin was superior. That said, the new Zumos are about twice the price I paid for the TomTom. The Rider can also go in the car with an adaptor.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Tom tom rider V2 here. The next one after the V2 didn't have itinerary planning which is a must. The latest one has it but will be expensive. You can plan routes with your PC now using Tyre, which is free for the basic one. http://www.tyretotravel.com/

I wouldn't be without mine.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

AMCQ46 wrote:i used to only use a hill walking garmin with no maps. where I downloaded waypoints where the road changed and the direction I would take [plus a set of road numbers in a list on my tank bag.

I still use that occasionally as it is not overloadiung you with information or updating itself.

for a full satnav I use my I-phone with a free satnav app that has the maps downloaded so don't need internet connection when it is running. using the iphone with gloves on is not easy, but the rest works OK

I have found navmii to be the best free sat nav that works on its own without a connection, much faster to find the satellite's then my garmin
Virt

Post by Virt »

I use TomTom on an iPhone 4. Has everything I need; speedo, twisty routes, speed camera warnings etc. Also means I can just put it in my pocket when I get off the bike

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Many thanks to all who replied, very much appreciated :D

Also thanks for the link Lee :thumbup:

Chris.