Tyres

General Bike chat
wingding

Tyres

Post by wingding »

Anyone had any experience on a 'storm, using Avon Azzaro 2's? I have a 2000 bike, owned since April. I was initially in awe of it, as my recent experience has been on my 1979 Bonneville and 1968 Commando. Bit of a difference in performance!!

I am buying the Avons 'cos they are cheapish and I won't be going to trackdays etc. I use the bike when I want to get somewhere without breaking down, though to be dead fair, my other bikes are very reliable.

I did have a problem with the bike engine quitting after pulling up to lights, roundabouts etc. Despite raising the idling speed, it still did it. I then got the bike serviced. The air filter was FULL of crap. The bike now idles nicely and fuel consumption is much better.

I run a pair of ART 'silencers'. The bike sounds the biz....

One thing. I went down to see the Moto GP at Castle Donnington at the weekend. I didn't go beserk, but didn't hang about either. I finally put petrol in at 124.2 miles and 12.40 litres. I agree that on normal short blasting trips, the petrol light comes on before 100 miles, about 95 or so, but it just goes to show that constant speeds, even relatively high ones, over a distance can be done if you are smooth and don't wack the throttle open.... However, isn't that instant WARP SPEED what the 'storm is all about?

Happy storming....