Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve

General Bike chat
StormingHonda

Re: Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve

Post by StormingHonda »

seb421 wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
bazza696 wrote:where is the fun in the oil changes, you still will get messy as you need to change the oil filter, so a bowl will still be needed to catch the oil form the filter.
Good point that man, one that the sales pitch for the fandagulous drain valve seems to have omitted.

Money well spent hmmmm don't think so.

:thumbdown:
Why are you still a wonker?

Can't thankfully see your post's on the PC as your on my blocked list but for some reason tap talk still shows your needless posts up, you rarely post anything relevant to bikes

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
To be fair mate I have followed you posts and you need to get a sense of humour, plus you can be pretty rude.

No ones trying to be a wonker, it doesnt hurt to bust some balls now and then.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

childeren please step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:childeren please step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath
+1 :-(
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Each to their own Seb,

I am not going to start a slanging match with you.

I could, if I could be bothered, link to lot's of my post's which are bike relevant, but as you apparently don't read them you wouldn't know if they were bike relevant anyway.
Not that it makes a blind bit of difference anyway, a large % of posts on this whole forum are non bike related.

I will revert to my policy of just not reading anything you post ever again...ner ner ner raspppppp

You don't read mine & well both be happy ever after.

END OF.

Stepping away from the keyboard now.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Come on gents lets not get personal with each other.

I hope you manage to sort things out in an amicable way for the sake of the good running of the forum.

Jazz :beer:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Looks snazzy. All very well until you lose the hose (I know i would, it's be somewhere safe along with my 1/4 ratchet... hmm)
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
chric

Post by chric »

what a clever idea think ill order one of them :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Wicked bit of kit, I keep meaning to get on for the gsxr but keep forgetting
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
chric

Post by chric »

just typed oil change seb on youtube for vtr1000 and your video poped up some one was selling one on ebay lucky unused 25 quid so bought that is it m12 x 1.5mm definate for the storm
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well I'll add my all but worthless opinion about this bit to this thread also..... :angel:

Personally I could never trust the thing.

Maybe its from the old track days of safety wiring everything.
Possible it's from riding V-twins too long and seeing all kinds of stuff vibrate loose.

All I know is I have issues with removing a hex bolt tightened into a crush washer and replacing it with a knurled fitting that you hand tighten and expect it to hold up on something as critical as the oil sump drain bolt.

It might be all good but it sure would make me nervous :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

8541Hawk wrote:Well I'll add my all but worthless opinion about this bit to this thread also..... :angel:

Personally I could never trust the thing.

Maybe its from the old track days of safety wiring everything.
Possible it's from riding V-twins too long and seeing all kinds of stuff vibrate loose.

All I know is I have issues with removing a hex bolt tightened into a crush washer and replacing it with a knurled fitting that you hand tighten and expect it to hold up on something as critical as the oil sump drain bolt.

It might be all good but it sure would make me nervous :wink:

No you tighten it to the engine with a bolt head, the curled fitting you can see is just a dust / muck cover more than anything else

I was round Donington park other day on the gixxer there was a lot of folk using them, some on big Twins like the 1199, 848's etc and some Aprillia Thous too

It is very very well engineered and its spring and pressure sealed i would put a months wage on them not letting you down, if it came loose it would be because you had not torqued it up correctly in the first place

i dont know the company or get any commission or anything just once in a while a well engineered part come along and you go yes this how have i gone without this!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

the curled fitting you can see is just a dust / muck cover more than anything else
Thanks for the confirmation on that Seb. That certainly puts a twist in things. :D But as Chric has just found out it may also get in the way of the belly pan. :lol: I really can't see any advantage in one of these except for a spout to drain oil off. If an oil pan is placed correctly underneath there is no spillage anyway. :confused

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
chric

Post by chric »

:oops:Yes i make myself wonder some times
But it is a well made item for sure i may see if it will fit on my van save me money by doing it myself and it will enable me to go round the tray with the tube provided and less messy
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

seb421 wrote:. . .bike on its side stand and pointing slightly uphill so the oil in the oil filter drains back into the engine so when you take it off it doesn't drip over the floor :
It doesn't quite work that way. Both the feed and return galley for the oil filter are well above the oil pan floor.

I have this nifty oil drain pan with a screw on plastic cover (not shown) and a handy screen to rest your oil filter on. Trouble is that screen is more for show and unless you are very careful the filter and the screen will head for a nasty oily dip.

I like to change my own oil because I like to use up half a roll of paper towels and to have the satisfaction of knowing that no matter how careful I am I will end up grease and with oil on the bike. My son likes to bring his car over so he can use my faculties to change his oil. That's why, whenever I change my own oil, all my waist oil jugs are full. The last time he was here the floor of the shop was a real mess. It put me in mind of a bloody crime scene where someone panicked and ran around with a severed head dripping everywhere.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
kev64

Post by kev64 »

What a waste of money !