Morning :)

General Bike chat
leevtr

Morning :)

Post by leevtr »

Alright boys & girls ,
Haven't been on for ages, partly to not having a bike for a period of time last year, then getting a 900 hornet that I hardly used. Sold that and got something thats worth a mention so I thought I'd share...........

" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
MacV2

Re: Morning :)

Post by MacV2 »

morning Lee... :thumbup:

Nice...shame it's blue... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

MacV2 wrote:morning Lee... :thumbup:

Nice...shame it's blue... :lol: :lol:
Pmsl....nothing changes does it !!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

can you ride that too its full potential!, there fecking fast. i did a trip to Bruntingthorpe on the Fazer 1000 and my mate has had a Busa since 2004. He passed me on the back wheel and i was timed at 151mph and was pooping myself. he was doing 176 at the end.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nice bike lee I do still fancy one of them (one day maybe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

Nice bike the busa here macv2 blue or yellow is fine lol
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice bike Lee 8)
My brother used to own an Hayabusa, and needles to say I had the chance to ride the beast. They are an amazing bike to ride, you feel you're sitting in it rather than on top which makes the rider feel more part of the bike. The only thing putting me off getting one would be myself control :wink: :)

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Never understood the hyp, never liked them myself, heavy, slow turning, motor feels like it's got 2 tonnes of crankshaft, opening the throttle is like pulling up an anchor as far as engine pick up goes, poor brakes too. I've kept up with one on a GSXR1000, I was on the back wheel :lol:
They have a cult following though so plenty do like them, marmite bike imo, we can't all be the same.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Post by Watty »

Nice colour but that's where it ends with me! Big, numb, clumsy horrible looking thing IMO. Each to their own though!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Wotcha mate, how's it hanging? Hope you've been keeping well.
Good thing with a Suzook is it will only be ugly for a short time, then it will corrode to death! Xx
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Wotcha mate, how's it hanging? Hope you've been keeping well.
Good thing with a Suzook is it will only be ugly for a short time, then it will corrode to death! Xx
Don't hold back Kev, say it like it is :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

bigtwinthing wrote:can you ride that too its full potential!, there fecking fast. i did a trip to Bruntingthorpe on the Fazer 1000 and my mate has had a Busa since 2004. He passed me on the back wheel and i was timed at 151mph and was pooping myself. he was doing 176 at the end.
I haven't had many bikes that I or most mere mortal people can ride to their full potential to be honest, but I didn't want it because of its reputation or top speed. I have for a long time now regarded it as a bucket list bike, but I did also think the same as many others, that being a suzuki it will be a bit ropey albeit very fast. However, that definately isnt the case, as it seems they did a good job on these, mines absolutely mint, and I've looked at plenty others that certainly werent rotters.

I wanted one because I like the fact it will pretty much do anything I want without a struggle. Loads of torque bit like my old CB1300's, but the top end rush is phenomenal, but very easy and unflustered. The way it goes from 10 to 15 mph beggars belief. Its heavy stood still but the weight disappears as soon as you're moving, riding position very sporty rather than touring. It wont turn like an rgv250 I admit, but ffs nor will any of these type of bikes ( Blackbird, ZZR etc ) but they aint meant to, and a decent rider on this will keep up with many a bike that on paper it shouldnt. Its very predictable and stable, personally it handles more than well enough for me and although I'm no Rossi, I'm not the slowest out there.

Brakes are ok, I might put braided lines on it but to be honest its not a must.

All in all its better than I expected it to be in some ways, and not the animal I expected in others.
Watty

Post by Watty »

The only person that needs to be happy with it is you Lee :thumbup: Enjoy :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I have for a long time now regarded it as a bucket list bike
You must be near the bottom of the bucket by now. :lol: Personally I think Haybusa's are bloody ugly but that's just me. They have a massive following and long as you enjoy it Lee that's the main thing. You should have got a Red one though.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

leevtr wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:can you ride that too its full potential!, there fecking fast. i did a trip to Bruntingthorpe on the Fazer 1000 and my mate has had a Busa since 2004. He passed me on the back wheel and i was timed at 151mph and was pooping myself. he was doing 176 at the end.
I haven't had many bikes that I or most mere mortal people can ride to their full potential to be honest, but I didn't want it because of its reputation or top speed. I have for a long time now regarded it as a bucket list bike, but I did also think the same as many others, that being a suzuki it will be a bit ropey albeit very fast. However, that definately isnt the case, as it seems they did a good job on these, mines absolutely mint, and I've looked at plenty others that certainly werent rotters.

I wanted one because I like the fact it will pretty much do anything I want without a struggle. Loads of torque bit like my old CB1300's, but the top end rush is phenomenal, but very easy and unflustered. The way it goes from 10 to 15 mph beggars belief. Its heavy stood still but the weight disappears as soon as you're moving, riding position very sporty rather than touring. It wont turn like an rgv250 I admit, but ffs nor will any of these type of bikes ( Blackbird, ZZR etc ) but they aint meant to, and a decent rider on this will keep up with many a bike that on paper it shouldnt. Its very predictable and stable, personally it handles more than well enough for me and although I'm no Rossi, I'm not the slowest out there.

Brakes are ok, I might put braided lines on it but to be honest its not a must.

All in all its better than I expected it to be in some ways, and not the animal I expected in others.
thats a good write up, enjoy it but keeping looking at your speedo! ( ark at me, mine don't work!!! :lol: ) oh and are you changing your name to LEEBUSA
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!