won't rev past 6k???

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Diabolus

Re: won't rev past 6k???

Post by Diabolus »

going to put back a standard air filter in it and go from there I will post anything I find. want to sort it for her she has had the bike ages and did a very impressive tour of Europe on it but can't keep up on the group rideouts I organise and after riding it I know why now there's not enough power to go for overtake etc....
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Watty

Post by Watty »

Guys your missing the point on the air filter! Original post states bike ran OK when filter was fitted! Surely it can't have just gone off tune unless of course its clogged! Something else has changed here me thinks? :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's it's under load my money is on fuelling .
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Just asked her again and she says an ex-boyfriend put the k and n air filter in and mucked about with it, she thinks it was running okay but it might not have done.
I Posted on a bandit forum and they say bandits don't run well with k&n with out being set up properly.

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep they don't like it .
Put it back to standard and work from there
Watty

Post by Watty »

Sounds like we not sure if it ran OK or not then! Agree with lloydie, go standard and work from there :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

by any chance has a bandit got CV carbs? total butt of a thing when you change the filter. check her ex hasnt put a dyno jet kit it to help get the bike running :thumbdown:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

had a look at the airbox today and theres some strange snorkel extension been added?

I have removed the pipe and re-seated the air box onto the carbs as only one inlet was on properly. genuine suzuki standard air filter ordered and a new fuel filter.
I'm hoping that once the filter is in the bike will run properly otherwise the carbs will need checking that they are standard settings.

Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Thanks for your help on this . It was indeed just a case of putting the standard air filter back in. :!:
Unfortunately for her she had the bike in a 2 different bike shops who cleaned carbs, replaced coil packs etc...

even though its back up to full power if your ever in doubt of how good your storm is go ride a bandit 600 lol

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great news . It's always the simple things that gets ya !!! :-(