Bill at HPower & velocity stacks

Best deals in town
Jscobey

Bill at HPower & velocity stacks

Post by Jscobey »

bought a set of the Velocity stacks for the storm from Bill at HPower and it was a very pleasant transaction! Bill is highly knowledgeable in regards to the VTR and gave me loads of good tips in regards to the stacks and the storm in general. Really top notch service over there and i highly recommend them. The quality of the stacks is beautiful and very well done. anodized a cool red. if they work half as good as they look i will be very happy.

If you have been looking for a set of stacks for the VTR, id get in contact with Bill as this is the last source, other than buying second hand, to get stacks. from what ive gathered, the HPower's are copies of the HRC stacks. and Dr.Honda stacks are copies of the HPower stacks.

Im heading down to the the local Ducati dealership where my buddy works to get in some FREE :biggrin Dyno runs as well as playing with my carbies to get things running ace. ill post up before and after runs with the standard stacks and the HPowers for sure, and possibly as well as 2 short std and 2 long std if my buddy has time for the runs.

High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
tony.mon

Re: Bill at HPower & velocity stacks

Post by tony.mon »

Nice to see one with intact corner filters!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

tony.mon wrote:Nice to see one with intact corner filters!
just changed them a few weeks ago. before that they were disintegrated....
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Look snazzy in red... through it probably slows down the air (it's what it does to the bikes, lol)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Is it the bikes time of the month :lol: They do look pretty cool, I must say that is different being anodized. I look forward to the dyno results. Handy for you having a mate with dyno access.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

well after a couple hours, i got things pretty dialed in! still waiting for my mate to email me the actual dyno graphs but in the mean time...

when we started, with stock stacks, the bike did a max hp of 110 and the A/F was pretty damn good. we then fitted the HPower stacks and then started to dial in the A/F mix. after playing around in the carbies (wish i knew more about what exactly he did for each run so i could post it here) we finally got it up to a peak hp of 113 :thumbup: but the interesting thing is the increase in hp in the midrange which increased by about 5 hp more than with the standard stacks and was about 2 hp more everywhere else through the rev range.

Im VERY pleased with these results. i expected to get a max hp increase in 2.5 but to get that everywhere plus 5 in the already meaty mid range really got me stoked. the bike is running great and has a seat-o-pants stronger pull, from about 4k all the way up to redline. i can really tell the difference around 7k rpm. really happy with the purchase. :mrgreen:

i did do one run with 2 long std stacks (with no re jetting to suit) as well as one with 2 short std stacks (also no re jetting)
the 2 long did add a little extra (1-2) hp in the mid with a 1 hp loss on top. the 2 short stacks made no measurable difference anywhere in the rev range.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

And you will notice the induction noise with the new stacks, especially when you got full throttle from about 6000rpm. Very addictive :thumbup:
AMcQ
kitsun

Post by kitsun »

Jscobey wrote:bought a set of the Velocity stacks for the storm from Bill at HPower and it was a very pleasant transaction! Bill is highly knowledgeable in regards to the VTR and gave me loads of good tips in regards to the stacks and the storm in general. Really top notch service over there and i highly recommend them. The quality of the stacks is beautiful and very well done. anodized a cool red. if they work half as good as they look i will be very happy.

If you have been looking for a set of stacks for the VTR, id get in contact with Bill as this is the last source, other than buying second hand, to get stacks. from what ive gathered, the HPower's are copies of the HRC stacks. and Dr.Honda stacks are copies of the HPower stacks.

Im heading down to the the local Ducati dealership where my buddy works to get in some FREE :biggrin Dyno runs as well as playing with my carbies to get things running ace. ill post up before and after runs with the standard stacks and the HPowers for sure, and possibly as well as 2 short std and 2 long std if my buddy has time for the runs.

How much did the HPower stacks come up to?
Kit
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

they cost about 200 usd which is a bit pricey but in conjunction with the JE high compression pistons on my work bench just begging to be installed, plus a set of cams, either reground or stg 1, i think they will all work very nicley together.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Oldish thread but here goes.

Quick question on the final jetting after the rolling road setup, can you remember if any of the slide holes had been filled or more holes drilled like a Dynojet kit recommends?

Cheers :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

One lift hole in each slide iirc
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Thanks Lloydie,

The reason I ask is when I first fitted the Ducati trumpet mod it felt great. Then I copied a few jetting ideas from the various jetting threads on here & one of them was to block a slide hole in each slide.

I have now got very good fuel consumption & it runs fine, but I feel that it ran better before, with both slides open & drinking fuel!

I am trying to get the fuelling as close as I can because there's a rolling road just opened 15 minutes away from me :biggrin & if I need to gain access to the Varadero carbs, fairing, tank, seat, side panels & clock panels have to be removed. I don't mind doing it, as I have done it more times than I care to remember. I just don't want to do it @ the rolling road shop. :thumbup: