Unnecessary Mods ??

General Bike chat
seb421

Re: Unnecessary Mods ??

Post by seb421 »

My GSXR is still relatively standard,

Only thing i have done is upgraded the brakes, larger brembo ones, only did this as the warped originals was the same price well almost so what the hell.

Bought Monoblocs from a new blade to fit, still looks factory but is a better caliper and doesn't look out of place like the R1 one unit most people fit

Removed the rear pillion hangers

Fitted the Suzuki Yoshimura can as i got it for a steal, it probably was from a stolen bike but what the hell someone was gone buy it, guy turned up with a car full of stripped bike parts and tried to push other parts, didn't expect that.

Fitted a 190 / 55 rear instead of the 190 / 50 this made a world of difference to the bike it felt to me a largely flat and stable missile unwilling to crank over with ease, with the M7RR 55 profile rear it totally changed the bike handling.

HID H7R Kit, because the standard light was a joke.

Rental medium grips (grey) because the standard felt sh1t

Larger rear fender in white, for looks and to help protect the shock

Clutch Mod K7 Wave washer to help oil flow as a common fault with the bike is the clutch not getting enough oil

New CCT spring

MRA Double Bubble Screen

Disabled the Exhaust valve actuator as it began to play up and make horrible squealing

Thats all ive done to it,

this year i would like to fit braided hoses all round as they are starting to sponge now, newer mirrors of the later GSXR (direct fit)

Smoked front indicator covers and LED bulbs

Wheels Painted white

Money depending the Stock ECU remapped to suit a performance air filter with the Yoshi pipe
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

I don't like having a bike or car that is the same as others on the road. Yes, mostly what I mod or change is for performance and handling but I also mod for looks. I believe some people go too far and spend too much for little return but, ultimately, it's their money.
If a job is worth doing, its worth doing correctly.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

chrisgreer23 wrote:I don't like having a bike or car that is the same as others on the road. Yes, mostly what I mod or change is for performance and handling but I also mod for looks. I believe some people go too far and spend too much for little return but, ultimately, it's their money.
Your right there. Today when you can buy a bike thats 170bhp+ at the back wheel, changing for a "stage 1" or changing the "jets etc" does seem pointless, however most people want the "fastest" bike of there type. ( i.e. a fast VTR probably wont be as fast as an SP2 etc) but thats not always the point. I have been a biker since 1974 and only realised about 5 years ago that suspension mods and riding skills make most sense!. It may be fast, it may look nice, but if it handles shite or you can't ride it, its an accident waiting to happen. Personally do what you like and make it as odd as you like, but be able to ride the bloody thing!!!. ( no comment please Lloydie about my RHander lol) Ride to your potential what ever it looks like.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
chrisgreer23 wrote:I don't like having a bike or car that is the same as others on the road. Yes, mostly what I mod or change is for performance and handling but I also mod for looks. I believe some people go too far and spend too much for little return but, ultimately, it's their money.
Your right there. Today when you can buy a bike thats 170bhp+ at the back wheel, changing for a "stage 1" or changing the "jets etc" does seem pointless, however most people want the "fastest" bike of there type. ( i.e. a fast VTR probably wont be as fast as an SP2 etc) but thats not always the point. I have been a biker since 1974 and only realised about 5 years ago that suspension mods and riding skills make most sense!. It may be fast, it may look nice, but if it handles shite or you can't ride it, its an accident waiting to happen. Personally do what you like and make it as odd as you like, but be able to ride the bloody thing!!!. ( no comment please Lloydie about my RHander lol) Ride to your potential what ever it looks like.
I'm glad I learned what you have just written early in my riding life. I see many people heading down disastrous roads. My first task with any new bike I get is (besides safety and general mx) suspension and handling. I work on my riding skills whenever I can.
If a job is worth doing, its worth doing correctly.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Would I btt :-)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Would I btt :-)
then i'll counter with the berry picking incident......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:finger:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bikes in the 70,s and 80,s as standard were a bit crap in the handling stakes. I did 40,000 miles on my XS 1100 Yam, handling was not good, but did i love it? oh yes. Do what you want to it, but ride it and be happy your riding it well.If not get some lessons, or a car!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!