Unnecessary Mods ??

General Bike chat
leevtr

Re: Unnecessary Mods ??

Post by leevtr »

chric wrote:Well my next mods are
1-replace bulb
2-braided lines
3-Found something in garage what thought I had lost just needs wireing up mechanics doing that :D 8)
4-resticker belly pan it looks a tit after i went decal mad :roll: :oops: and a waste of ten quid
Funny, I looked at my belly pan yesterday, and decided it needed de-stickering, there and then. Peeled them all off :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

mr.john.coates wrote:Er, I'm a little confused - although this is normal for me. I wanted to get the QAT, tempted by the fact that it's a cheap and easy mod. However I've measured my throttle movement and it's about 60* (degrees) full range. So I'm already getting a 1/6 turn but I'm sure I'm on a standard twistgrip. I've looked and there's no indication it's an add-on and the bike is bog standard in every respect. Any ideas?
John,
Apart from measuring the angle there will be no other way to tell if it has been fitted because it looks like any other throttle tube

The std one is more than 1/4 turn the QAT one is much less than 1/4...about 60 deg, so if you have that it's been done already.
AMcQ
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Thought I'd dig this old thread up so you lot can take the piss :lol:

Boredom over christmas and an itchy buy it now finger, has caused many unnecessary purchases for the cb900.

Namely a Fly Screen ( Propper Honda one ), Powerbronze Belly Pan, Hawk Carbon Pipes, and Wezmoto Braided brake lines all round.

I've loaded the gun now, I shall await the barrage of abuse !!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

as always in life what ever floats your boat,we are all indaviduals with are own ideas on life and hey :wtf:
kev64

Post by kev64 »

non yet, but I cant help thinking that I maybe should've spent my money/time on technical mods rather than cosmetic
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

countrymick wrote:as always in life what ever floats your boat,we are all indaviduals with are own ideas on life and hey :wtf:
have you read the entire thread????????
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

See no mod is unnecessary :-)
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

No1 is exhaust cam swap on intake. Totaly useless, as ex cams has 0.15 mm less lift and there is no power gain at all.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i actually think, learning to ride any bike makes it faster. tbh i don't need to go any faster, i just need to get round the bends quicker
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No1 is exhaust cam swap on intake. Totaly useless, as ex cams has 0.15 mm less lift and there is no power gain at all.
I hear placebo works well or you may get lucky :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

cybercarl wrote:
I hear placebo works well or you may get lucky :lol:

(:-})
electric water pump is better. There is at least theoretical power gain, and cooling is more efficient if needed :-)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

agentpineapple wrote:the way your thread reads, is why your getting these responses buddy.
its all down to personal choice, you might smoke and drink loads, but i wouldn't have a go at you, thats your choice, i'm happy that a standard bike is more than enough for you to get your jolly's.
me personally get a kick out of modding bikes or cars. i also believe every bike is built to a budget and the firestorm is no different, so i personally think upgrading the suspension and brakes are worthwhile....
just my opinion mind :wink:
having said that, with your thought process have you ever thought of working for the eu.... :lol:

Marty for Prime Minister!! :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I believe what lee was trying to say is, why spend money on your bike, when spending it on rider training will make you a faster rider, then spend money on making your bike quicker.
and I do agree, but modding my bike puts a big smile on my face.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

agentpineapple wrote:I believe what lee was trying to say is, why spend money on your bike, when spending it on rider training will make you a faster rider, then spend money on making your bike quicker.
That, and modding your riding goes with you when you change bikes. The OP was a bit of a dig at the typical all the gear no idea rider we all see at every bike meet, 3 grands worth of mods on the latest race rep, and an inch of chicken strip eac side of the softest, stickiest tyre money can buy. I'm not anti modding and never have been, but I'd personally rather be a riding god ( which I aint ) than have a bike that I cant even use 50% of.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

leevtr wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I believe what lee was trying to say is, why spend money on your bike, when spending it on rider training will make you a faster rider, then spend money on making your bike quicker.
That, and modding your riding goes with you when you change bikes. The OP was a bit of a dig at the typical all the gear no idea rider we all see at every bike meet, 3 grands worth of mods on the latest race rep, and an inch of chicken strip eac side of the softest, stickiest tyre money can buy. I'm not anti modding and never have been, but I'd personally rather be a riding god ( which I aint ) than have a bike that I cant even use 50% of.
yep Popkat( six names can't remember any of them) on an old VFR :lol: