Rite bike

General Bike chat
popkat

Rite bike

Post by popkat »

Anyone heard of his place/shop ?, seen bikes on ebay that are cheaper than others on the market. Are they legit or a scam ?, Says their based in Bradford, does anyone on here now them ?.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Watty

Re: Rite bike

Post by Watty »

popkat wrote:Anyone heard of his place/shop ?, seen bikes on ebay that are cheaper than others on the market. Are they legit or a scam ?, Says their based in Bradford, does anyone on here now them ?.
See if there's an address etc then Google earth it! At least then you'll see if there's an actual building :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Was looking at a TL1000S on there some time back. Price looked too good to be true. Sadly they never replied to my emails?
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

I was looking to buy a bike from another company in that area at the beginning of the year, I had a look at reviews on them and apparently they own a few company's in Bradford and buy a load of damaged bikes repair them and then put them in there different shops so beware might be a load of crap but I did read about it
popkat

Post by popkat »

They've got a nice looking storm. I don't know how I'd get a bike from Bradford anyway though :lol: I wouldn't buy it blind, I'd have to see it myself or have someone local who I trusted look at it for me. They do seem a little odd though, loads of bikes for sale but not many heard of them. Just a shame this bike isn't a lot nearer to me.
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

More info please popkat
popkat

Post by popkat »

It was this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291330843111? ... EBIDX%3AIT
But it appears to have ended now, if it sold it's the quickest firestorm sale I've seen in a while, it only came on ebay yesterday.
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

If anyone is looking at buying a bike from them and have fears just get the reg number and hpi it safe than sorry I suppose
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

I was looking at a thunder ace this lot had online.they just ring alarm bells.there is something not quite right.i couldn't just put my finger on it but they come over a bit shadey... :thumbdown:
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

Googled them they use to trade under this name Viva Moto
Unit 31, Royds Enterprise Park
Future Fields, Buttershal, Bradford
West Yorkshire, BD6 3EW
Watty

Post by Watty »

thomas111 wrote:Googled them they use to trade under this name Viva Moto
Unit 31, Royds Enterprise Park
Future Fields, Buttershal, Bradford
West Yorkshire, BD6 3EW
Me too. Also trade as Rite Bike! :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

Yea watty seem crooks not good
popkat

Post by popkat »

I think a place to avoid then, I would have thought selling so many bikes that at least local people would know them.
Opel

Post by Opel »

They’re the ‘other’ bit of we buy any bike dot com. Go and visit, I did (after finding a zx7r ebay) and was amazed. The place is packed with so many bikes I’d love to own!!!

I walked away without buying anything, but very tempted. I rang up the next day to do a deal and managed to get free delivery into the bargain, however, they wouldn’t budge on the price (their prices are very competitive though anyway).

The story continues… when my bike arrived, they’d ‘forgot’ to MOT it as arranged. I was disappointed but a quick phone call later (while the delivery guy waited), they agreed to pay for me to get it done locally, or withdraw from the deal, money back and no hassle. I opted to get it MOT’d, which I did the very same day. I rang them up (after the bike passed) and they paid for the test over the phone. All I was obliged to do was to forward the invoice for the test fee.

Regarding warranty, I think it was one month. I wasn’t too bothered because unless anything major occurred, I’d never consider taking the bike back, half way ‘up the country’ (at great expense) to get things sorted. (I live near Melton Mowbray).

Anyway… I offer my penneth worth here, based on a relatively trouble free, good experience, buying a bike from these very down to earth Yorkshire men!!! They are not slick, they pull no punches and they look frightening but their selection of bikes is amazing.
I was happy because the bike was great, low millage, spotless, new chain and sprockets, new tyres and relatively new stainless steel exhaust system… oh and a recent £500 dyno setup. And a very very competitive price. In reality, the bike sold itself.

At the end of the day, as the old saying goes, you pay your money and make your (own)choice. And on this occassion, I'm very glad I did because my Ninja is absolutely great. :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Opel wrote:They’re the ‘other’ bit of we buy any bike dot com. Go and visit, I did (after finding a zx7r ebay) and was amazed. The place is packed with so many bikes I’d love to own!!!

I walked away without buying anything, but very tempted. I rang up the next day to do a deal and managed to get free delivery into the bargain, however, they wouldn’t budge on the price (their prices are very competitive though anyway).

The story continues… when my bike arrived, they’d ‘forgot’ to MOT it as arranged. I was disappointed but a quick phone call later (while the delivery guy waited), they agreed to pay for me to get it done locally, or withdraw from the deal, money back and no hassle. I opted to get it MOT’d, which I did the very same day. I rang them up (after the bike passed) and they paid for the test over the phone. All I was obliged to do was to forward the invoice for the test fee.

Regarding warranty, I think it was one month. I wasn’t too bothered because unless anything major occurred, I’d never consider taking the bike back, half way ‘up the country’ (at great expense) to get things sorted. (I live near Melton Mowbray).

Anyway… I offer my penneth worth here, based on a relatively trouble free, good experience, buying a bike from these very down to earth Yorkshire men!!! They are not slick, they pull no punches and they look frightening but their selection of bikes is amazing.
I was happy because the bike was great, low millage, spotless, new chain and sprockets, new tyres and relatively new stainless steel exhaust system… oh and a recent £500 dyno setup. And a very very competitive price. In reality, the bike sold itself.

At the end of the day, as the old saying goes, you pay your money and make your (own)choice. And on this occassion, I'm very glad I did because my Ninja is absolutely great. :thumbup:
Well that sheds a different light on things :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!