It's Not If - It's When

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

Re: It's Not If - It's When

Post by agentpineapple »

I have a superb long term memory but bad short

dam it, I suppose you don't remember me lending you £50 yesterday then........... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Only just saw this, why does stuff like this always seem to happen around Christmas?
Stay positive and I am sure you will be back doing the splits before you know it! :wtf:
:beer:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

why does stuff like this always seem to happen around Christmas?
I thought that at the time. This is not the first time I've had something put a dampener on Christmas.

I have to remain positive or is that ignore :roll: otherwise I will either cry or go insane. Got other more positive things to occupy my mind that will get me back on path and in the right direction if I can put my mind to it. The worries of life, I'm even carrying worries for close friends/loved ones. But hey ho, life goes on, it's a struggle and we work our way through it. Sometimes hitting rock bottom is the kick up the butt needed. Debt collectors can f off :lol:

You should have seen the traffic yesterday mate. There was a fatal apparently on the Highway just past Tower Bridge. So traffic was pretty much gridlocked right back to parliament sq. F..ing horrendous it was. I crashed just past Temple stn up by the Aussie bar Outbacks is it :think: while sqeezing through any gaps possible along with all the other scooters, bikes, cyclists as traffic was pretty much a standstill.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Bad news mate. Good to hear you are okay though

A black fairing has just gone on Facebook parts page ....
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Dear Mr Swelling-Knee, your care package of a pair of Harris foot pegs was posted out today 1st class no less via snail mail.

Following our telephonic conversation from this morning tide, I have just packed the left clip on as requested, however I note your PM communique of this evening advising of Pineaple intervention via the 'poop of face' so will refrain from passing it on to the carriers of parcel.

Just remember it is here if needed, if said 'farcebook' deal fails to materialise, please don't hesitate to contact me, begging forgiveness & asking sweetly if you can indeed have said clip on.

Yours Frank. Head Stores Spider. Acme Spares Corp (Storm Aid Department.)
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Watty

Post by Watty »

Shite news mate, get well soon :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I owe Frank lots of Blue bottles. I shall have to get my sh1t together and sort that out. :lol:

I seem to have less resistance in my leg today so swelling must be going down slightly though it still hurts moving and walking about on it. Stairs are the worst. I've still yet to go out and wash the bike and start stripping it down fully. I figured I should give myself 48hs of healing time at least. And it''s cold out there which has put me off.

Spent most of the day researching Wordpress. templates and plug in modules. It's hard work staring at a screen all day. :roll:

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Foot pegs arrived in the post. Thanks Macster :thumbup:

I got out today and made a start on the bike. Got the pegs on the rearsets. Everything I was doing turned into a struggle. We take out fingers for granted and even undoing nuts and bolts was hard going. It didn't help matters that I had to jack the bike up and loosen the swingarm spindle to get the pegs on.

Amazingly all the lugs are still intact on the dash and it's only the subframe/fairing bracket arm bent. Got the fairing off which is in a right state. Headlight surround is also quite badly damaged, glue will do for now, and one of the lugs has snapped off the headlight. I tried removing the headlight but no way could I budge the screws. Just did not have the grip and strength in the hands. The little bit that sits underneath connecting the left and right panels together also has a chunk missing.

All in all I think I got off lightly considering the impact. I have yet to put the rearsets back on fully, but once that is done I shall move onto the front. Still need to get the forks off and check them and the yokes properly but they seem OK. Front wheel still needs to be removed and checked but I have a nasty feeling that is buckled a little more as the gap on either side of the mudguard is uneven. It wont stop me riding though.

Getting out there today was hard going aided by the cold but I feel better for making a start. My fingers and swelling wont thank me though. Got a nice Yellow bruise appearing on the left of my upper knee/thigh. Being Yellow it's expected to take it's time. I also have a bit of colour appearing over the top of my swollen hand which is hurting a little more now after using it.

If I'm lucky, this time next week I may be able to get out for a road test.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

First off a big thanks to Mr Pineapple for his help today.

Got loads done on the bike. Rearsets all done and back together with somewhere to put my feet. Front end was stripped down and I checked everything thoroughly. Had the fork legs off and rolled them on a flat surface and all is good.....phewwwww. I got lucky there. Front wheel is not as badly buckled as I first thought but is a little worse than before. It wont stop me riding but is something I need to attend to in the near future.

Bars. throttle tube, front fairing bracket etc is all on and good to go. It's just the bodywork to sort out now. I have a left fairing panel ready to rub down, prime and spray but will need a headlight surround as mine is beyond repair. In the next few days if it's dry, I'm hoping to get out and work on the panels. Talking about panels I also noticed one of the rear tail fairing grub screw holes has been smashed through. That took a bit of an impact too. I have some bottom lugs to fix on that anyway so that's something else to add to the list of to do's. I shall also check the subframe out at the same time, as that may have taken a knock. At first glance it looks OK and it was the panel that got it.

All fun and games and my hand is swelling up a bit more than this morning after using it today, but this time next week I'm hoping to be back up and running. Then there's bloody Christmas to deal with.

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Well done Carl :clap:

How you feeling now? Hopefully someone has a spare headlight surround for you...
Jamie :wave:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Must have missed this. Glad to hear you and the bike are on the mend.

Take care 8)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

How you feeling now?
Yeh so so mate. Back of hand swollen back up a little from use so no spannering today. I might get out and prep the side fairing today though, ready for a quick coat of spray.

Thanks George. Hope your holding up too buddy. :thumbup:

Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Hey carl, if you need a front wheel I've got a good one with a decent tyre you can have mate, us skint buggers need to stick together! :lol: :thumbup:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

cybercarl wrote:
How you feeling now?
Yeh so so mate. Back of hand swollen back up a little from use so no spannering today. I might get out and prep the side fairing today though, ready for a quick coat of spray.

Thanks George. Hope your holding up too buddy. :thumbup:

Take it easy mate, gotta look after yourself first. If I can help at all let me know, I'm sure AP and I can spanner under your instruction 8O :D
Bananaman wrote:Hey carl, if you need a front wheel I've got a good one with a decent tyre you can have mate, us skint buggers need to stick together! :lol: :thumbup:
That's a nice offer Bman :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Hey carl, if you need a front wheel I've got a good one with a decent tyre you can have mate, us skint buggers need to stick together! :lol: :thumbup:
Cheers matey that is an extremely kind offer and much appreciated, but there is no need. Like I say the buckle wont stop me riding. It's not major and something I shall sort at a later date. I already have my eye's on some nice Yellow wheels as replacements in the near future :wink: