what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:AP get this one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORBAR-1-4-Dr ... 2c9175d711
I snapped this up when I saw the link...got a mail saying it would be posted today...Got a mail this morning ''Its damaged so I'm refunding your money...''

Fair enough but if anyone else bought paid & receives it let me know please...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

agentpineapple wrote:
SteveKing wrote:Hi All,

I'm new to this so thought i'd stop in, introduce myself and seek some knowledge from the guys in the know...

I am considering buying some KOSO RX2N Digital clocks to replace my old ones, just wondering has anyone done this before as I wanted to check out how it looks, or has anyone got any better suggestions?
have a word with jamoi, he recently fitted a koso style dash
Hi Steve, I fitted the Chinese equivalent Koso clocks to my track storm, I can't really comment on the quality or function of genuine Koso's but for £30 the chinese offering is pretty good.

I fitted mine to the top of a round headlight, as I've no fairings on at the mo, but i will be mounting them in my track fairing soon :thumbup:

Not much help really... :lol:

P.s wiring was pretty simple

Jamie
Jamie :wave:
SteveKing

Post by SteveKing »

Hi Steve, I fitted the Chinese equivalent Koso clocks to my track storm, I can't really comment on the quality or function of genuine Koso's but for £30 the chinese offering is pretty good.

I fitted mine to the top of a round headlight, as I've no fairings on at the mo, but i will be mounting them in my track fairing soon :thumbup:

Not much help really... :lol:

P.s wiring was pretty simple

Jamie
Yeah, thanks mate, I was having a look around just to see what they look like and if they are any good in use, i'm only buying the KOSO ones because i'm getting them off a mate that didn't like them on his Ninja... Wiring seems straight forward enough so think I'll just get 'em on and try 'em out :D

Steve
Kingy

Ride Hard or Ride Home!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Worth a try and why not! :thumbup:

Jamie
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Have you got a link for these clocks jamie???????
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Steve6088 wrote:Have you got a link for these clocks jamie???????
There's lots of variations on ebay, quite fun flicking through deciding what style you like best, search "digital speedometer" in mototcycle parts (not accessories) and they'll pop up.

Here's my choice Steve: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 38&alt=web £27... :)

Jamie
eerie

Re: what have you done to your

Post by eerie »

lloydie wrote:Fitted some sp1 viper cans and link pipes :-)
ImageImageImage
hi lloydie, this is a bit old but I'm looking for a pair of exhausts and I'd like them just in that position. are the vipers plus link pipes for the sp1 "plug and play" in the firestorm or did you have to modify the link pipes? what would be easier, buying the firestorm pipes and modify them to gain some angle or buying the sp1 pipes (which would give the right muffler angle) and modify them to fit the firestorm exhaust outlets?

THE ACTION IS GO!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

eerie wrote:
lloydie wrote:Fitted some sp1 viper cans and link pipes :-)
ImageImageImage
hi lloydie, this is a bit old but I'm looking for a pair of exhausts and I'd like them just in that position. are the vipers plus link pipes for the sp1 "plug and play" in the firestorm or did you have to modify the link pipes? what would be easier, buying the firestorm pipes and modify them to gain some angle or buying the sp1 pipes (which would give the right muffler angle) and modify them to fit the firestorm exhaust outlets?

Just get storm link pipes and make a little bracket to kick up the pillion pegs ,Image
This will give more of a angle to the cans .
As for sp link pipes they only work if you have modded the left header as the bends all wrong .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

As for sp link pipes they only work if you have modded the left header as the bends all wrong .
SP1 and SP2 are different. The SP1 is more like the storm with an almost 90 degree bend and the SP2 is 45 ish. Sp1 should fit straight on with the exception of pipe diameter. so will need an enlarger. IIRC the SP link is a smaller diameter.

Storm top SP2 below

The other thing you should take into consideration is the angle of the outlets. With the SP's they are designed to be angled up so much so the outlet is pointing straight out towards the rear. If you angle Storm cans then you going to get a lot more water/rain inside which rots the packing. Not only that it's less aerodynamic and fumes shoot upwards possibly causing more drag. Not much of an issue unless your into competitive track stuff where every little bit counts.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you need to get those arata metal decals put on carlos, they'd look so much nicer.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

No he don't he needs to let be have the cans and link pipes to fit on my mori's :-)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:you need to get those arata metal decals put on carlos, they'd look so much nicer.... :thumbup:
At least they have packing in them now :lol: give him another year and they'll have the badges on :lol:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I'll stick this here rather than in the "workshop" if that's ok as it's briefly related. ..
what's the best option on getting link pipes and cans jointed if their different diameters? I have standard link pipes, well highly polished one's, and remus cans. I just used exhaust repair tape around the link pipes as a temp job but want something more permanent now.
get the link pipes widened? weld the pipes together? ? are there spacers I can get?

advice required please?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Various way's depending on by how much.

There's flaring tools for enlarging. Note none of the following is motorbike specific. Only quick search and grabs for examples.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETL3-EXHAUST- ... 3a8074254c

Or expander kits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Tail- ... 20d6230ab6

Then there's adaptors in various sizes or univrsal
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-STA ... 35d7fe6a0d

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Grumpy, I bought one of the expander kits for a project that never took off. You are welcome to borrow it. Obviously I can't confirm it works but I've no reason to doubt it.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF