Fueling issue.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
dudehog

Fueling issue.

Post by dudehog »

Tried to post on my other thread and use the search function but I keep getting "page not found" on my comp. Stooopid technology :crazy:

So Here is what I have changed:
Petcock valve
Spark plugs
Front coil
Balanced carbs

When I go above 4krpm she splutters on very light throttle. Below that i can ride along and get puffs back through the carb. Upon inspection it is through the rear carb.
Under acceleration she pulls like a train in all gears right up to the redline. Above 4krpm, open it up full and there is a very light hesitant cough.
Let go of the throttle and it decelerates fine.
It ticks over just fine.

Now one member said about the pilot may have crap in it? How hard is that to clean?
The rear head has a spark but is a coil the problem?
This has literally happened over night.
Is is not filling the carbs fast enough?
Any advice greatly received :) :) :)
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: Fueling issue.

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Guys, I've been trying to help this member and we have been through the whole airbox/fuel tap bits eyc.. C'mon guys, you lot a re great at putting your heads together and coming up with solutions! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :p :thumbup: :wave: :mrgreen: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pilots with crap in them aren't a problem really.

Once they take off they can use the loo...Unless its a single seater then they have to hold on to it until they land...

What you describe as 'puffs' are know as 'carb farts' they all do it to a certain extent.

Check you TPS reading for a start.

It may be something a simple as an air leak in a carb rubber.
Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

Ah, you say about the TPS. What would happen if it was running and I unplugged it (whilst running)?
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

"Once they take off they can use the loo...Unless its a single seater then they have to hold on to it until they land..."

Explain?

Also I get the carb farts but more than I should. Again. that came overnight.

I may toy with the idea of stock needles/pins. I know I have a bigger jets fitted.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

dudehog wrote:Ah, you say about the TPS. What would happen if it was running and I unplugged it (whilst running)?
I guess the ECU wouldn't know the position of the throttle is the simple answer...

Although I'd advise against trying to do it whilst running along side the bike... :lol:
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

Ok because my bike runs the same with or without it connected. Has done since I got it last year.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

dudehog wrote:"Once they take off they can use the loo...Unless its a single seater then they have to hold on to it until they land..."

Explain?
Really ?

OK then. Pilots fly aeroplanes, if they want a crap they will need the toilet. Bigger aircraft have loo's on board. So once they have taken off they can use the loo. Single seat aircraft don't have loo's so the pilot's have to wait until they land to go for a dump or the sensible ones go before take off. This also has the advantage of saving weight.

Has that explained it ?
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

Er....I guess. Random.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

dudehog wrote:Er....I guess. Random.
Nowt random about that Mate.

In your OP you mentioned crap in pilots...
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

Ok. Would those pilot things in my carbs being slightly clogged cause issues at very light throttle?
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

dudehog wrote:Ok. Would those pilot things in my carbs being slightly clogged cause issues at very light throttle?
Yes.
dudehog

Post by dudehog »

Ok.
How does the fuel tap diaphragm work under vac? when the engine runs, is it permanently open?
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Me: do you get petrol coming through the bottom vent hole on the fuel tap ( cos you shouldn't)

Member:: The tap. It's seated ok. It pulls like a beast up to 9k....

Me: they do but then they run out of fuel
so when you throttle off it gives the vacum time to build up the fuel in the flo chamber
cos the vacum pulls the fuel back through and fills the fuel chamber so it feels normal again,you'll need to check the diaphragm and the seating inside the tap..
Member: New diaphragm, so it's not that..

Me: and you've not cleaned the carbs?

Member: Nope, not taken them apart...

Me::: :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?: :?: :?: hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :eh: thinking.... What speed does it start coughing? and how long do you hold that speed?

Member: above 4krpm. usually after hard riding.
Me: Sounds like fuel starvation...

Me: Check and triple check the seating of the new diaphragm, fiddly as owt piece of nothing to fit:when dave put a new one in, he actually had a piece of hose that he attached to vacuum inlet on the fuel tap n sucked on it to pull the diaphragm into place while he was assembling it
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

dudehog wrote:Ok.
How does the fuel tap diaphragm work under vac? when the engine runs, is it permanently open?
Easy test. Lift tank and unhook one of the fuel lines. Unhook the vac line from the petcock. Find a bit of hose that fits the valve and suck on it. If fuel flows the valve is working.

Which i would say it is working.

Clean out your jets.