Op Storm II Part 5, Rhayader Sept 13th 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Op Storm II Part 5, Rhayader Sept 13th 2014

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:there will be no rain, so we should be up for a fun time.
AMCQ46 wrote:which is 280miles, but we can decide at the lunch stop if we want to shorten it slightly by cutting off the top loop into Snowdonia.
Dry weather, great roads, shorten the route? :wtf: :wtf:

No, no, no.....
:lol: yes what am I saying.... its not a lunch stop, its a pasty at a petrol station :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

budd wrote:hi guys as some of my know I’ve been testing/trying out back protectors of late and selling some of the spare ones on the forum, I've sold a few in the last few weeks and everyone seems happy with their purchases, I’m bringing a Dainese HPC back protector down for grumpyfrog, I’ll also be bringing with me a brand new Knox Aegis 8 plate protector and a nearly new (worn once) Knox Contour both are CE level 2 and both will be for sale, I’m looking for £50 for the Aegis ( that’s 1/2 price and it is brand new unworn) and £30 for the Contour (1/3 retail), as I said both are for sale but pleased note I’ll be wearing one or the other on the Sat ride out, so one will only be available from Sunday. :D

so if anyone coming down to Wales needs or is thinking of buying back protector bring some extra cash and buy one of mine, :thumbup:

Also I have a set of Tex-sport 1 piece leathers unfortunately they are Ducati branded and a bit on the small side, probably 38/40 chest so maybe not suitable for the VTR set but I’ll bring them anyway maybe they’d suit someones girl friend or younger sibling.

Looking for forward to a good do this weekend :beer:
Budd, are you bringing a truck with you to Wales to carry all this stuff or are you going to wear it on the way there and go home in naked :lol:
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Bringing kettle and heater
budd

Post by budd »

AMCQ46 wrote:
budd wrote:hi guys as some of my know I’ve been testing/trying out back protectors of late and selling some of the spare ones on the forum, I've sold a few in the last few weeks and everyone seems happy with their purchases, I’m bringing a Dainese HPC back protector down for grumpyfrog, I’ll also be bringing with me a brand new Knox Aegis 8 plate protector and a nearly new (worn once) Knox Contour both are CE level 2 and both will be for sale, I’m looking for £50 for the Aegis ( that’s 1/2 price and it is brand new unworn) and £30 for the Contour (1/3 retail), as I said both are for sale but pleased note I’ll be wearing one or the other on the Sat ride out, so one will only be available from Sunday. :D

so if anyone coming down to Wales needs or is thinking of buying back protector bring some extra cash and buy one of mine, :thumbup:

Also I have a set of Tex-sport 1 piece leathers unfortunately they are Ducati branded and a bit on the small side, probably 38/40 chest so maybe not suitable for the VTR set but I’ll bring them anyway maybe they’d suit someones girl friend or younger sibling.

Looking for forward to a good do this weekend :beer:

Budd, are you bringing a truck with you to Wales to carry all this stuff or are you going to wear it on the way there and go home in naked :lol:
LOL coming in the van :thumbup:
Last edited by budd on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Flatline wrote:Bringing kettle and heater
no fridge and microwave?
AMcQ
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hi guys

I am gutted, I needed a new split link in my less than 12 months old chain so I have written to the company I bought it off from Ebay and asked them if they do them or can they come up with a solution after we tried one off ebay and also went to M&Ps at the weekend and they tried loads, all too thin etc as I would have thought I'd get more from a chain than a year! I am still back n forth and if they send me a replacement chain I'm not sure now it will land in time and give dave enough time to fit it :x :x :x :-( Gutted BUT we aree only 46 ish miles away guys so please, if any of you want to take a ride over and come for coffee/cake etc more than welcome! I am happy to give Kev my address and post code as he has my numbers.

i'll get a look later as promised and post up some routes for you so you don't miss out on any great roads. I'm totally gutted cos the weather is bloody gawgus here and is set to continue for some time so I think this years camp will be much much warmer than last years cold cold overnight! I'm tempted to come up in my car on the sat night just for the craic :beer: :beer: :beer: and bit of banter and dave can have a drink and i'll drive us back. that is still an option i'm open to as flexi as had kept my dairy free for the Op Storm :-(

#verydisgruntled
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
playerone

Post by playerone »

looks like I'm out :evil: :evil: bikes died on me tonight, fortunately at home but ball ache none the less. I was already doubtful after ex missus text me looking for a few hundred £ to get our daughter a replacement horse and she's going to look at it this fri, so with the trip to Assen next weekend and horse money and new battery etc etc etc I've gotta pull out :cry: :cry: :cry:
Anotherbikerbabe

If you've never been to the Ponderosa Cafe, this is an ideal opportunity for those who've never been as you are a ride away and with the gorgeous weather we've been having, it's an excellent time t ohit those roads and get up to the caf.

Here is a link http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk

One round route to take you there and back over some of the good roads:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Rhaya ... a3!1m0!3e0

For some reason I couldn't shorten the link on that page, sorry guys!

OR::: alternatively try this route the opposite way around and roughly 161 miles but would take some time to complete and the weather is to be on our side at weekend! Making it cracking day out if you leave by around 9.30am :-)
http://binged.it/WJOw5K
Anotherbikerbabe

Kev you have my landline number if you want to ring Fri night and see what's what for your plans on Saturday and see if I have any hope of making it or have to make do with a run up in the car :-( on Sat for a few hours.. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Flatline wrote:Bringing kettle and heater
Nice one. I don't function without a brew in the morning. Strong with a dash of milk please :D
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

:lol:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

UP DATE

Ok guys and girls, a few more have dropped out, so this is the list to date :thumbup:

Me &cheekyads
Tony.mon
AMCQ46
Flatline
Shauned71 -----------------------+ mate named Firespook
Steve97 ---------------------------+ another
geodude ------------------------- ? maybe calling in to see us all
Miztaziggy
bazza696
adyf
budd
slower110
grumpyfrog
Steve6088 ------------------------+ another
leemorganartworx -------------- will try and be there for Saturday ride
kev64
adewhitmarsh----------------------- Maybe coming for Saturday ride
Jamoi
MacV2

If I've missed anyone off, or you've changed your mind then please post up so I can keep track :thumbup:
If you're not familiar with group rides or the second man drop off system, then please see link http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=25791
all will be explained before we set of on a ride, if you're not sure about any part of it, please don't be embarrassed, just ask and someone will happily help
:thumbup:
Good news, I've managed to book us all in at The Eagles Inn for Saturday night, see link, http://www.theeaglesinn.co.uk/bed-and-breakfast
for those that haven't been before it is just a short walk from the campsite and very biker friendly, the owner (Bob) said he has a dining room that will hold up to 24 people which he'll quite happily reserve for us.
So that's it guys and girls, not much more I can do now,
the rest is up to you
:beer: :Beer Popcorn: :Beer1: :Group Hug: :sheep shagger: :sick: whatever lights your candle :lol:

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT, I should be down there for about 6.30 / 7.00
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice one Kev, I seem to remember some good steaks and Beer in the Eagle :thumbup:

only 1 more sleep :D should be there about 7 as well
AMcQ
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nice one Kev, I seem to remember some good steaks and Beer in the Eagle :thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting up with ady and the boys tomorrow at the usual Aust meet. Will have Tony, Jamie and possibly Mac with me.

Can't wait, start packing the bike tonight ready for an early start tomorrow.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazza696 wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:Nice one Kev, I seem to remember some good steaks and Beer in the Eagle :thumbup:

Looking forward to meeting up with ady and the boys tomorrow at the usual Aust meet. Will have Tony, Jamie and possibly Mac with me.

Can't wait, start packing the bike tonight ready for an early start tomorrow.
I'll be there Hunny... :Behind 2:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...