OP Storm SW Scotland mk2 Aug 8th, 9th 10th 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: OP Storm SW Scotland mk2 Aug 8th, 9th 10th 2014

Post by AMCQ46 »

Miztaziggy wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:
especially as I made same mistake of booking a track day 2 days after I get back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Not again :lol:
AMcQ
geodude

Post by geodude »

AMCQ46 wrote:Geodude - i guess it is a long way on a DRZ400! so I will assume your out
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

GreenEyedGeco - are you sure you don't want to come, don't get put off by the boasting about speed, we will be waiting for Ady :lol:
Thanks AMCQ, I know there would be no pressure but I also know that I would push myself too much in a group and, as I aint been riding that long, its probably not a good idea just yet. Perhaps next year when I got some more miles under the belt.

Hope you have a great weekend. :)
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

I'd love to but it's 400 miles from here but for those who are 'thinking' about it, you'll miss out on such fab roads including the Dalveen Pass! It's close enough to do and you have the lovely back roads round Kipford and up over CD and along the Solway. I would have come if I lived closer but seeing as I moved here from there lol.. Every time that place is mentioned, Benny used to pop up with his tale of the girls who got him into bother in that place ha ha ... like he had nowt to do with it lol..

It will be a lovely ride out that, some fab roads round there and takes a local, such as your host to know where best roads are.. Have fun and enjoy!
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
adyf

Post by adyf »

Hi green eyed gecko please don't let the idea of riding in a group put you off ,I'm riding a bmw f 800r naked so I couldn't push your storm if I wanted to ,poor little thing will only do 110 and not for long!the roads in Scotland are beautiful and worth enjoying not just flying through so if you can make it ride with me and Stuart (grumpyfrog) you will be most welcome this does ofcourse apply to all.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote:im a definite. leaving Glasgow about 1. going to take the scenic route down
what time do you think you'll be in dumfries at? can meet you at the footbridge in the town- saves me looking like im hanging around a dogging site again!

I would be looking to get to Settle for 1pm........... Chris and Ady, does that work for you?

if we eat, fuel up and leave about 1.45, we can go via Hawes, then Kendal, then Up A6 to Carlisle. that would have us in Dumfries at 4.45.
AMcQ
adyf

Post by adyf »

Sounds spot on Al, think ziggy will agree that works for us ,are you still camping mate ?if not let us know buddy.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

adyf wrote:Sounds spot on Al, think ziggy will agree that works for us ,are you still camping mate ?if not let us know buddy.
depending on how many MacDee brings will decide if we use the house or the campsite. the house has beds for 7 people, but 2 are doubles!!!!!! and 2 are bunks. so I figure 5 blokes max.

even if we camp, the house is still there as a back up if the weather is crap
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

ady- thats not very nice, true but :(

anyway, I think my brother will be up for this too. He's sorting it out with the boss. if he does get a pass he'll probably join up with you lot for the ride up.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote:ady- thats not very nice, true but :(

anyway, I think my brother will be up for this too. He's sorting it out with the boss. if he does get a pass he'll probably join up with you lot for the ride up.
The more the merrier. If he is comming from the midlands area I can try and hook up with home for the ride up to settle
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

He's in Preston Al, so probably just meet you all in Settle.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
macdee

Post by macdee »

AMCQ46 wrote:
adyf wrote:Sounds spot on Al, think ziggy will agree that works for us ,are you still camping mate ?if not let us know buddy.
depending on how many MacDee brings will decide if we use the house or the campsite. the house has beds for 7 people, but 2 are doubles!!!!!! and 2 are bunks. so I figure 5 blokes max.

even if we camp, the house is still there as a back up if the weather is crap
hi amcq
looks like it might just be a day trip on Saturday
both mates have to work fri/sun
told you not to but oh no you knew better
adyf

Post by adyf »

So lyndsey is coming ,balls, some one else who will piss off and leave me, can't enybody bring a mate on a 125 or sommat I can actually beat in a drag race?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

No problem, just let me know what time you arrive and when you need to get back to Stranraer for the ferry and we will work round that.

Ady, we are still camping as mrs McQ tells me there is somebody in the house on the Friday night, but we have the option on Saturday

I will post up the location to meet I. Settle, but it is the only petrol station in the town as far as I know.

Stuart, which bridge do you want to meet at in Dumfries, as there are 2 footbridges in the centre of town?
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

meet here in Settle, the Total / co-op petrol station by the railway line.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=54.07 ... 2&t=m&z=11
AMcQ