Op Storm II Part 5, Rhayader Sept 13th 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

adyf

Re: Op Storm II Part 5, Rhayader Sept 13th 2014

Post by adyf »

Put me down for this one kev please,I'll be camping,ady f.
budd

Post by budd »

had a great time on the yorks/dales ride out this weekend so put me down for this one too (camping), PM sent with mob No :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
slower110

Post by slower110 »

And me please Kev. Riding down Saturday and camping. Possibly Friday if I can get it off.
Think Jay off NWB wants to come too.
Cheers
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Stick me down for this as well to please. prob bring the bike down on the trailer, but might dump it at either Preston or Stone as the roads to there are bliss.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

slower110 wrote:And me please Kev. Riding down Saturday and camping. Possibly Friday if I can get it off.
Cheers

the main ride is on Saturday and we set off before 10, so make sure you get there early and have a contact number for someone who is there so we know to wait if you don't turn up.

its a great weekend with good craic and good roads [shame it rains :lol: ]
AMcQ
slower110

Post by slower110 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
slower110 wrote:And me please Kev. Riding down Saturday and camping. Possibly Friday if I can get it off.
Cheers

the main ride is on Saturday and we set off before 10, so make sure you get there early and have a contact number for someone who is there so we know to wait if you don't turn up.

its a great weekend with good craic and good roads [shame it rains :lol: ]
Cheers, will get there early doors Saturday if I can't make Friday. Have Kevs number if I'm delayed.

Looking forward to it :thumbup: :beer:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Come on guys keep it rolling, we're getting a good few names now :D
If anyone wants to check who is attending then look at the the first post on the opening thread, I try to update it every time someone posts up with their request to be registered :thumbup:

Just for the record this the list so far :-

Me &cheekyads
Tony.mon
Playerone
AMCQ46
Flatline
Shauned71
Steve97 + another
Virt + another
geodude ? maybe calling in to see us all
Miztaziggy + another
bazza696
adyf
budd
slower110
Jay off the NWB forum
grumpyfrog
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Jay750

Post by Jay750 »

I'm in. Kev, you got my name down along with mark?
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

bazza696 wrote:I will be coming to this one, ball and chain has said yes and I have just booked my B&B.
loll. oooh dear.. "ball & chain said yes" .. :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :wink: :lol:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
Anotherbikerbabe

cheekykev wrote:Ok folks, as mentioned before with Geodude being busy I am organising this years Rhayader annual meeting.
This will be held on the 11th, 12th and 13th of September and as usual at the Wyeside campsite, please see link below.
I've made a preliminary booking for about 20 bikes plus tents and riders, which can be adjusted once I get a better idea of the numbers participating.
For any new members, or those not familiar with this meeting, this is not just for FireStorm owners, anyone is welcome regardless of what bike they have, some people come down on the Thursday or Friday to camp over for the weekend, some just turn up on Saturday morning for the ride, whatever suites best, it's all free and easy, no hard and fast rules :D
On the Saturday we go for an all day ride around Wales, then on Sunday everyone sets off back home, there will be front riders who will lead the pack, if there is a large number of participants then in the interest of safety we will split up into 2 groups like we did last year, we will be using the second rider drop off system, for those not familiar with this system, don't panic 8O it will be explained in detail before we set off :plainsmile
Please be aware, this is not a race, this is a ride out to be enjoyed at your own pace, ride your own ride :D
Again for those not familiar, the campsite is about a quarter of a mile from the centre of Rhayader, it's a really nice small village, a suburb starting point for rides out, biker friendly with about 4 or 5 pubs, some of them do food, a bloody good Indian, a Chinese, a couple of chipys and a couple of Kebab places are all within easy walking distance, oh and a fuel station, much needed for us FireStorm riders :lol:
All in all everything you need for a weekend and more :beer: :Beer Popcorn:
If you want to come along but don't fancy camping there are some very good guest houses and small hotels in and around Rhayader, please see link below :thumbup:

Well that's the low down on it all, anyone wishing to come along please post up on this thread with your intensions so other people know who is doing what i.e. what day you are coming, where you're coming from, how long you're staying, how many of you, camping or staying B&B etc. etc.
Finally, most important PM me with your mobile number so I can contact you with any updates :thumbup:

Campsite

About Rhayader

Guest Houses and B&B

More guest houses and B&B

People who have replied and are coming

Me &cheekyads
Tony.mon
Playerone
AMCQ46
Flatline
Shauned71
Steve97 + another
Virt + another
geodude ? maybe calling in to see us all
Miztaziggy + another
bazza696
adyf
budd
slower110
Jay off the NWB forum
ABBS & DAVE ( ride out only)
grumpyfrog
Anotherbikerbabe

Happy to meet up maybe up on Brecon by Terrys Burger van as last year the route went a bit out of sklelter and yous missed some great roads. Also the A483 all the way from Builth (take the Newbridge turn off and cut town out) down to Llandovery is a belting road and you then have the West End Bikers cafe at end of the road to fuel yourselves ( petrol round corner) up and head back over Brecon away from Llandovery to Brecon/ terrys van and then over dead sheep mountain and loop back round again etc. I will post up some routes you might want to look at :-) I do these roads all the time along with Shauned and playerone etc so we know them quite well. We've had wall to wall sunshine since beg of June so who knows what the weather will be doing in September, yeah last yr it rained so maybe this year it will be fine and dry! :clap: :clap: :clap: :biggrin

ABB x
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Post up some of your routes, don't want to keep doing the same ones so I am always on the lookout for new roads :thumbup:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

seriously thinking of trying to make this, it will depend on money, time and weather. i'll let you guys know nearer the time.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

agentpineapple wrote:seriously thinking of trying to make this, it will depend on money, time and weather. i'll let you guys know nearer the time.
Go on Marty .... You know you want to :D

Will be good to see you again
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:seriously thinking of trying to make this, it will depend on money, time and weather. i'll let you guys know nearer the time.
Go on Marty .... You know you want to :D

Will be good to see you again
wales and devon were so much fun, i'll try my absolute best Al...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!