Vacuum hose, not sure where to fit...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Hvornum

Vacuum hose, not sure where to fit...

Post by Hvornum »

So I've struggled and waited for parts for over a month now, and finally put the engine together and it all works (almost) perfectly.
As soon as a touch the throttle (after getting it to barely start at ~1200 RPM with full choke), it just cuts off instantly and dies. Or if i let it idle at ~1200 for about 5-6 seconds it cuts off as well and dies.

So I poked around and found this bloody hose, obviously I forgot to plug it in.. But I can't for the love of my life find where..

Anyone happens to know where this might belong? If not I'll have to spend countless of hours again trying to locate a suitable place :P

Edit: I get that this is a long-shot, considering the amount of vacuum hoses there are and since this might not be a original setup with the three vacuum hoses together like that in the front.. But I thought I'd give it a go.
Got 4 vacuum hoses (two from the carburetors tied horizontally into the tank valve thingie, one vacuum hose into the south of the valve and another hose into a tap in the tank.. Not sure where that follows now that i come to think of it tho).
MacV2

Re: Vacuum hose, not sure where to fit...

Post by MacV2 »

That's the thicker of the two drain overflow pipes. Fits to the spigot from the bottom of the tank to the left* of the pet-rock. (A in img. )
* When looking from front with tank lifted...

The starting & dying could be the vac hose incorrectly fitted.

It needs to go on the spigot that is on the rear of the pet-rock that points sideways at 90*.(B in img.)

NOT & I repeat NOT the one that points down. Bike will not run if fitted wrong or not fitted at all...

Last edited by MacV2 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Also worth checking that you have turned the fuel back on if you turned it off whilst tank was off...

Been there done that...DOH ! :lol: :lol:
Hvornum

Post by Hvornum »

Hahaha, f*** the "B" one i put on the south-pointing tap on the petcock.. *sigh*..
That's probably where i went wrong :P

The fule-tap is on tho cause it's gathering a bit of gas in the carburetors between the successful starts (tried starting by giving a bit of throttle which just kills the engine before even starting but injects a lot of gasoline :P)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hvornum wrote:Hahaha, f*** the "B" one i put on the south-pointing tap on the petcock.. *sigh*..
That's probably where i went wrong :P

The fule-tap is on tho cause it's gathering a bit of gas in the carburetors between the successful starts (tried starting by giving a bit of throttle which just kills the engine before even starting but injects a lot of gasoline :P)
One word for you...DOH!

Hope that's sorted it for you.

Your not the only one to have done it over the years Hvo, I exclude myself from this as I can claim without hesitation to have never done it.

Accidentally pulled vac hose off & wondered why it wouldn't start...Check

Fitted a tank & it wouldn't start only to discover that the tap was off...check (In my defence it was complete body work swap with Jamie & he had turned it off & not told me & it was weeks before I re-fitted it...)