Can anyone recommend an alram?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Bleh

Can anyone recommend an alram?

Post by Bleh »

Maybe general chat would be the best place for this but can anyone recommend a good alarm for the VTR please?
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
Wicky

Re: Can anyone recommend an alram?

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

a big chain and good padlock, looks like a good deterrent too.Abus granite does the job.and money off your ins.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

:lol: :thumbup: Think that's gone over his head mate :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Bleh wrote:Maybe general chat would be the best place for this but can anyone recommend a good alarm for the VTR please?
No, they shite! They go off when they shouldn't and don't go off when your bike is in the back of a van on its way to be broken. Chain, good lock, ground anchor, big dog, shot gun :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Watty wrote:
Bleh wrote:Maybe general chat would be the best place for this but can anyone recommend a good alarm for the VTR please?
No, they shite! They go off when they shouldn't and don't go off when your bike is in the back of a van on its way to be broken. Chain, good lock, ground anchor, big dog, shot gun :thumbup:[/quot

and they can make your battery go flat :(
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Bleh

Post by Bleh »

HAHA... Very good. Maybe an Alram worth getting! :thumbup:

Bike already sports a thatchman approved lock and chain, anchored to side gate by front window/ door where the two dogs sleep at night with an owner who can hop out of bed as soon as one eye opens and a good arm to match, but...

Recently, the local council moved a lad in across the road who 'WAS' on tag. Tag has come off and all of a sudden, peoples stuff has started to vanish. On top of that, quite a lot of people have been around this way looking/ inquiring about 'John' and his mate, including one lad who tracked him down from over 30 miles away and was about to boot the door down until the local fuzz turned up (gutted)!!! :Argue 1:

So, since I saw his mate eye balling the bike a few days ago, I would like to have additional deterrents in place to increase chance of potential capture (and proper old school 'this is how we deal with bike thieves around here' lecturing).

I'm not a fan of alarms. Installed many for friends (one of which had a texting device installed but that was a pain in the rear eventually. Receive continuous 'motion detetced' texts... WIND, and then 'low voltage' warnings because the battery was low - load of poo) and a few for myself in the past and they do have the down-side of battery drainage which is why I'm asking if anyone is able to recommend one they have personal 'positive' experiences. Sticking the bike on the optimate all the time because of an alarm gets tedious and I don't mind investing in something decent if there's something decent worth getting.
I'm not death to power tools... If it breaks, it's obviously NOT a power tool!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

An audible disc lock may help too.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!