off the shelf jet kit

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
minibreaker

off the shelf jet kit

Post by minibreaker »

is their a off the shelf jet kit for my bike i am thinking of getting a knn and a jet kit. i dont want to pay the rolling road prices. i was hoping their is a kit that just fits and works
lloydie

off the shelf jet kit

Post by lloydie »

Don't bother with either .
Just shim the standard needle and up the mains if needed .
These run great with standard filter and needles unless you want to burn best part of £400 for 2bhp and you will need Dyno set up for the k&n and jet kit
NZSpokes

Re: off the shelf jet kit

Post by NZSpokes »

I used 8541Hawks set up on the carbs. Brilliant. Power everywhere.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

NZSpokes wrote:I used 8541Hawks set up on the carbs. Brilliant. Power everywhere.
+1
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i was hoping their is a kit that just fits and works
That would depend on what you consider working to mean. Yeh it will work...ish but it wont be spot on. You could always tinker and experiment while training your seat of the pants feel for things. But be prepared to pull and strip the carbs down a dozen or so times. Once you think you have things close then go get a single run on the dyno to verify things and tweak accordingly. If you have the time, inclination and patience then you can learn a lot that way. But by the sounds of things your most likely better off leaving things as they are if it all works. Why go upsetting things by sticking a k&N in. If you have an aftermarket de-baffled exhaust then simply shim the needles.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

i was hoping their is a kit that just fits and works
That would depend on what you consider working to mean. Yeh it will work...ish but it wont be spot on. You could always tinker and experiment while training your seat of the pants feel for things. But be prepared to pull and strip the carbs down a dozen or so times. Once you think you have things close then go get a single run on the dyno to verify things and tweak accordingly. If you have the time, inclination and patience then you can learn a lot that way. But by the sounds of things your most likely better off leaving things as they are if it all works. Why go upsetting things by sticking a k&N in. If you have an aftermarket de-baffled exhaust then shim the needles and/or simply adjust the fuel mixture.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside