Tokica Brakes

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Hamish

Tokica Brakes

Post by Hamish »

Following an earlier Topic posted by Melis, I would highly recommend the Tokico brakes off the GSXR600/750K1-K3. What a difference and only cost £16 with Pads of ebay. Do it!!
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

Hmmmm.... sounds good Hamish. Are they 6 pot?
Hamish

Tokico brakes

Post by Hamish »

Hello pmcq,
No 4 pot. I decided not to go with 6 pot as I am sure I read somewhere on here they were too fierce and caused the front to dive even more than it already does.

Hamish
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Sounds good
Got any pics mate?

And is it a straight bolt-on?

Ben
Hamish

Tokica Brakes

Post by Hamish »

Hi,
Yes they bolt straight on without any messing about. The hardest part is bleeding the brakes. Well worth the half an hour effort from start to finish. I have posted a photo in the Workshop Gallery.

Hamish
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

What makes the Storm brakes so shite? Is it something to do with fluid pressure, piston size or something else?? Its a pretty basic function when you look at it but there's a huge difference in the different brands...
bluesman

pump

Post by bluesman »

mainly it is down to master cylinder and ampliying ratios.
Put on master from RC51 and you will be amazed with difference.
Why they got it wrong on VTR - have no clue....
Basically I heard from some guys who tried it that combination of VTR pistons, braided lines, good pads and RC51 master cylinder makes VTR brakes completely satisfying.
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

pmcq wrote:but there's a huge difference in the different brands...
You say that but the Nissin ones on the SP1 are nothing short of incredible, the lever is Nissin as well. Indeed the master cylinder on the GSXR is the same as the one on the Sp so maybe replacing the master cylinder is the best way forward.

I thought disc diameter would make a big difference too as a bigger disc means a greater braking moment.
Anonymous

brakes

Post by Anonymous »

kept standard calipers fitted goodridge pipes, ebc green stuff pads and fitted stealth wavey discs..... result ..... blinding i can give it real stick on the country roads now without worrying if im gonna hit that farm wall