Got it!!

General Bike chat
magnum

Re: Got it!!

Post by magnum »

raggydan wrote:
magnum wrote:Nice bike bet theres a great big grin on your face :biggrin
Can't help but notice the auto ccts check to see if the stopper mod has bean done glad I did mine as I had the front one fail stops valves meeting piston or do the full mod to manuals.
Ye I know I've gotta sort that. I'll give most things a go. Hopefully I won't have any problems completing the job. Any experts in the Suffolk area fancy
supervising me.?
No probs it's not to bad a job just check the stater cover bung will undo (the big one with the allen key drive) can be a bugger you may need to get a spare by you when doing the mod and you'll need a cct locking key but I managed without.
I've only dun the stopper mod can give you a hand if you want just shout.
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:
Crickys Carl you don't miss much :lol:
It helps when on the Mac laptop I can hold the CNTL key down and two finger zoom in or out on a page quickly. Once I have zoomed in I then use one finger to move around the page. :wink: Otherwise I would have to open it up in Photoshop and have a good nose around. :lol:

(:-})
how do you do that? Iam using a mac! any other little tricks?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I might be available for moral support, you would,nt want me touching anything though :thumbup:

I,ll bring me dark glasses :D
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
magnum

Post by magnum »

lumpyv wrote:I might be available for moral support, you would,nt want me touching anything though :thumbup:

I,ll bring me dark glasses :D
Hay up lumpy how yer didling will have to get together soon mate.
Them ccts are like little ticking time bombs :eek2 .
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

how do you do that? Iam using a mac! any other little tricks?
This a Mac laptop I'm talking about with a trackpad not mouse. Oh here we go Macintosh tech support :lol:

First off it may be slightly different on your system depending on which operating system (OS) your using. I'm running on 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Yours will either be the same or there will be subtle differences depending on which OS your using. Later OS system are not as as good because they have been dumbed down for consumers or as they like to call it...user friendly, and they get worse with every new release. I'm old school and like control to be in my hands not Apples. They put things in the way in later systems that close things off so they are not as direct.

Go into your Apple menu/System Preferences/Trackpad and make sure you have Two Fingers Scroll checked and set to Inertia then make sure you have Scroll Zoom checked. I also have Tap to Click checked so I hardly use my button but be warned this can be a little touch sensitive and can take some getting used to.

You should now be able to scroll through web pages with two fingers side by side, scroll up and down the track pad to scroll through a page. If you hover over an area on the screen, hold the Control key down and scroll up with two fingers it will zoom into that area of the page and if you hold the Control key in and scroll down it will zoom out. While Zoomed in use one finger to move around to a different area of the screen. It's one of the most useful assistive features I use a hell of a lot, especially when there is small hard to read text on the screen. It's quicker than messing with my browser style sheet to enlarge font sizes and keep websites the way the designer intended them to look and does not mess with the CSS.

I expect some of that has gone over your head but I slipped things like CSS in there for those in the know to read. :wink: I could give you many many keyboard shortcuts and tips but it would be information overload for you so one step at a time. I bet you have not even been into your System or User Libraries and customized or manually cleaned things up or played with Terminal commands. How about booting up in Single User mode and running commands from there. No need for any crappy 3rd party maintenance software's. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

raggydan wrote:Any experts in the Suffolk area fancy
supervising me.?
Hi buddy, I'm 25 mins away in Colchester, happy to help if you need a hand :thumbup:

Been through your town at mach 6 with me butt on fire a few times on the bike in the last month :thumbup: :)
Jamie :wave:
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Welcome to the refined " yellow storm club " nice storm ..
award yourself a :beer: for aquiring such a motorcycle
stand back and just admire .... :thumbup:
raggydan

Post by raggydan »

Jamoi wrote:
supervising me.?
Hi buddy, I'm 25 mins away in Colchester, happy to help if you need a hand :thumbup:

Been through your town at mach 6 with me butt on fire a few times on the bike in the last month :thumbup: :)
I think ive heard ya....thanks for the offer. Might just take you up on that.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:thumbup:
magnum

Post by magnum »

Jamoi wrote:
supervising me.?

Just feed him a due biscuits he will go till midnight :lol:
Jamie a won't mention the embarrassing moment in sudbury on Sunday :wink:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:lol: What embarrassing moment? :lol:
magnum

Post by magnum »

Jamoi wrote::lol: What embarrassing moment? :lol:
You'll have to bribe me with ice cream not to tell :lol: (Sudbury town centre)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

No no come on do tell us
magnum

Post by magnum »

lloydie wrote:No no come on do tell us
I do like Ice cream though :D
VTRDark