my girlfriend just found this on our porch...

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: my girlfriend just found this on our porch...

Post by Wicky »

Get the neighbours to chip in for one of these…

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

If that happened to me I would visit each neighbour on an individual basis and introduce myself.

It wouldn't be hard to figure out which one was upset.

I would then explain the law to them and ask what they thought was a reasonable time to work on the bike.

It is best to get on with your neighbours, however if they meet you in person they may become a bit more tolerant!

I am lucky where I am and all my neighbours know that I work on bikes all the time.

My limits are 8am till 9pm and It has never been a drama for me.

I would be angry if I got a letter like that.

Some gutless wonker who is too spineless to talk face to face would really piss me off.

That is why I would approach all the neighbours and I would guess that they all say there is no problem.

In all my years of motorbikes I have only ever had one complaint, and that was sorted by me starting my RD 350 with chambers at 6 in the morning right outside the complainants bedroom window.

No more complaints, but plenty of nasty looks. :beer: :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Jscobey wrote:This is what happens when you live next to a bunch of snotty old b8stard. What would you do? I work late a lot and try to be quite but sometimes the only spare time I have to work on the bike is between 7-10pm. It's not like I'm raving her to 9 grand on the tach. For example last night I flushed and refilled my coolant. Then I let her idle for 2-3 minutes to bleed any air out of the system.i was done with the whole things by 9pm. Then I get this note this morning. Really gets on my nerves. There's plenty of peace and quiet in a retirement home!!!! :Ball Kick:

Yes very polite.
There is also a very simple answer.

Take both pipes off and start her up, watch the shooting flames as you crack it open in short blips.
Shut it down..... Reinstall pipes.
Start it and let it idle for a sec.....

Everyone will soon realise how quite you bike can be..... and how loud it can be ;)
The new quite version should then be well received by comparison

In saying that, some people are real Richard when they rev their bikes (for no reason other than to hear them).
I have a friend i no longer let come here if we are going for a ride, he has no respect for my neighbours and really, no idea when he revs his Storm like he is 14 years old (he is 50).
I start my bike at the last minute before we leave, let it idle, and idle away down the hill.
If i go riding at 6am, sometime i'll roll it down the hill a bit, but the last time i tried that i near crashed it.

If i have to start my bike at night, it is short and sweet, garage doors all closed.
Anyway, i have to put up with the neighbours 2 dogs bark at everything that moves, they deserve the bark of a V-Twin back ;)

On the revenge front, when i had my neighbours move in 14 years ago, they had a couple of all night parties.
Which gives me a lot of time to lay awake and think ;)
Up i got at 7am, rolled my KTM520 as close to his house as i could get it, pointed the big bore exhaust at his bedroom window and fired it up to idle while i oiled the chain ;)

My point was made.... No more all night parties, No more annoying bikes at ungodly hours in the morning.
3 out of 5 people are not the other 2.
simon t

Post by simon t »

Ha, just about to fit Scorpion can to the Fazer. My advice, move to a detached cottage, 100 metres from the nearest neighbour, in a miniscule hamlet, in the middle of nowhere, in the south of France. :D

Apologies for being gratuitously smug. 8)
Sharpshooter888

Post by Sharpshooter888 »

I totally agree with your veiwpoint. Theres nothing worse than spineless busy bodies who havnt even got the balls to knock and reason with you. My rebellious side would make me fire it as often as possible! I agree with getting on with the neighbours but it sounds as if they're already too far up their own arses to reason!(sorry USA = asses! :P )

I live in a built up area with plenty of lovely neighbours who like to drink all night and then argue with each other into the small hours. Needless to say the storm is brought out nice and early to make sure their hangover is kicked off nice and early.

Besides that im a lovely neighbour :Ball Kick:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Sharpshooter888 wrote:I totally agree with your veiwpoint. Theres nothing worse than spineless busy bodies who havnt even got the balls to knock and reason with you. My rebellious side would make me fire it as often as possible! I agree with getting on with the neighbours but it sounds as if they're already too far up their own arses to reason!(sorry USA = asses! :P )

I live in a built up area with plenty of lovely neighbours who like to drink all night and then argue with each other into the small hours. Needless to say the storm is brought out nice and early to make sure their hangover is kicked off nice and early.

Besides that im a lovely neighbour :Ball Kick:
do you live on the chatsworth estate then sharpie...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

sorry USA = asses!
Or you could call them a bunch of Douchebags :lol:
lovely neighbours who like to drink all night and then argue with each other into the small hours.
Have you stolen my neighbours. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I came across the following while surfing, relevant to your side of the pond.
http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2011/01/ ... you-do.htm

Ted77

Post by Ted77 »

I think you should return the note, with a mark '2/10 - see me' for the spelling mistakes/use of capital letters mid/end of word! (I realise you are American, so you guys modify some of the English Language with 'Americanism's' :wink: ) - but could be worth a laugh!! :lol:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ted77 wrote:I think you should return the note, with a mark '2/10 - see me' for the spelling mistakes/use of capital letters mid/end of word! (I realise you are American, so you guys modify some of the English Language with 'Americanism's' :wink: ) - but could be worth a laugh!! :lol:

Do it do it :lol: that'll be funny :-)
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

hahaha i noticed the spelling as well. ive been trying to be a bit more considerate and putting off any time idling the bike until mid day sundays and mondays on my days off. still upsets me that someone couldnt contact me directly and find a way to resolve the issue personally. some people are just cowards i guess...
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Jscobey wrote:hahaha i noticed the spelling as well. ive been trying to be a bit more considerate and putting off any time idling the bike until mid day sundays and mondays on my days off. still upsets me that someone couldnt contact me directly and find a way to resolve the issue personally. some people are just cowards i guess...
Do what we did in the sixties( bugger that sounds old) put some dog poo inside, and fold it up. Poke it through there letter box but light the end and knock there door, when they stamp it out they get shite all over there shoe. :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He's got to find out who it's from first. His neighbours too chicken sh1t to leave a forwarding address. Personally I would just start making twice as much noise and draw them out of their shells.