Best deals in town
EggShellBlond

*@"%^&@ RAC

Post by EggShellBlond »

Cut a long story short,................
Had to join a breakdown sharpish last night

AA £120+£10 premium for roadside assistance within 24hrs of joining 8O
RAC £90 , any vehicle etc etc

Arrives within the hour , tells me he can't fix it ( surprise ) then drops the bombshell........he can't get it in the van , and a "contractor" will be £70 to stick it on a trailer , as it was outside the 10 mile limit !!( by 4 miles )

Feel ripped off that none of this was mentioned when I was joining up :evil:

Paid by Visa , do you think I can stop it?

Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
ktd001

On the RAC

Post by ktd001 »

Stu

Fire off a letter to the MD's office, copying it to the head of customer services, detailing everything that happened and including the info they did (and didn't!) give you when you joined. Tell them you are disgusted that an organisation of their reputation feels that they can justify their charges whilst providing minimal, or no, service that is of any practical value. Insist that you want a full refund and an explanation for why the service was so poor. Give them a 10 day deadline to respond satisfactorily or you will be seeking legal advice.
While thats going on contact http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk
They do a UK & European cover for £59!
I'm not a legal advisor, just a professional moaner!
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Dont bother with the letter,as the same thing happend to me with the AA,
i sent off a letter to customer services and heard nothing back, gave up in the end as it was just to much hassle
ktd001

RAC

Post by ktd001 »

Thats why I always send one to the MD. They hate getting complaints and give cust.services a hard time and you get more done when work gets passed down from on high than when its from us mere mortals!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Stu

Like anything else, check to see if it stated that you had to fork out for recovery services, if not you have a legal argument under the sale of good act which stats that if you are not fully satisfied with the goods or services offered then your are entitled to your money back within one month of purchase.
I told you the other night it was realy handy having a brother with his own law practice :lol: :lol:

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Cheers all.

Bike got taken in by my mechanic bloke at Amber M/C's Burton on Trent

Top bloke , came out on a Sunday night! Shoulda called him in the first place really

It had started to run on one cylinder/ cutting back to 2 ( nice round corners , sudden change from limping along to full charge!! 8O )

Should be back on the road this week , so no evening blasts for me :cry:

However , I have taken the opportunity to get sprockett done while its in :twisted:
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
window5583

Is this

Post by window5583 »

ktd001 wrote:services a hard time and you get more done when work gets passed down from on high than when its from us mere mortals!.
Is this what I think it is? ... Thats awesome!:)
ktd001

On high

Post by ktd001 »

Uh? What?
Damn, that woke me up.
In fact, not sure I'm allowed on here anymore 'cos I went all Italian :?
iggy1966

Re: On high

Post by iggy1966 »

ktd001 wrote:Uh? What?
Damn, that woke me up.
In fact, not sure I'm allowed on here anymore 'cos I went all Italian :?
Hey up ktd, where you been hidding???

How's the aprillia???
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
ktd001

EYTIE

Post by ktd001 »

Hi Iggy

Been lost in the world of Italian anoraks (still rustle, just look kinda stylish :wink: )

Ok, seriously, Falco's still going a treat but now complemented by a bike that I don't mind (so much) if it gets trashed in the Blackwall Tunnel! :?

Hack bike is now the immensely unsuitable FZR400.
Yes, it runs at stupidly high revs
yes, it drinks fuel faster than a Bentley
yes, it's very un-neighbour friendly
yes, I (for all the above reasons and more) love it! :twisted:

The Aprilia's turned out to be a lot better wearing in bad weather (that was a bit of a shock) than my old japanese friend but it's a bitch finding a dealer that you trust (or is that a contradiction in terms?) and all the must-have trick bits are bloody expensive! Still, protects my l'il ole wrists from the 'coming down the Alps with your other half on your shoulders' ache.

My last job had an Attila the Hun firewall so the first time I opened one of Tony's jokes, it banned the site! :lol:

Oh, and it's good to see that this site is staying away from the 'don't talk bad about the sponsor' baldrocks :roll:
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Good to hear your getting on with the aprillia, don't be a stranger here