Essex workshop day - Colchester - Sat 26th April 2014

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

lumpyv

Re: Essex workshop day - Colchester - Sat 26th April 2014

Post by lumpyv »

yeah , a real good day out .

thanks to Jamie and his mum for hosting and thanks to carl for helping me with my clutch line :thumbup: :thumbup: .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Oi I wondered who did that you git :-(.

Great host and great turn out .
It was good catching up again
ImageImageImage
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Great day. Thank you Jamie :thumbup: also a big thank you to you mates and family for helping out.

Shame you didn't plan good weather for us getting there :lol: weather was great for the way back. Sun was a bit low at times but hey Ho.

My bike held up well today and didnt brake :D was good to see you all again and good to meet some of you which I hadn't met before.

Cheer all! :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Home as well now. Beer and chippy tea required :D

Good weather for the ride home and some nice sporty roads were beaten into submission :thumbup:

Jamie, you did us proud, many thanks for pulling it together and getting the rain protection sorted as well as food and drinks.

Good to put faces to names I hadn't met before and as always good to catch up with those I already knew

Roll on the next meeting
AMcQ
magnum

Post by magnum »

A great big thanks to Jamie and his mum oh and the chef :thumbup:
Have had a great day and must say very impressed with all the bikes and the passion for them and great to put faces to text.
A very interesting and injoyable day cheers Mark.
"It may be yellow but it ain't no chicken"
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Wow what a day!

A massive thankyou to all who made the effort to come along today, bringing tools, banter & good conversation. you really are a fantastic bunch of chaps :clap:

Tony, ta very much for casting your wise hands over the Storm, she purrs like Halle Berry in a catsuit now :thumbup:

Hope you all arrived home safe & sound?

Couldn't resist a little spin after everyone's departure, so Wicky, Lumpy, Magnum, Stevo and I went on a dry coastal loop which capped the day off nicely.

Now, the whip, thankyou so so much, an amazing gesture and I will share it with Stevo to thank him for being a superstar with cooking the food & helping with tea etc.

All the best guys :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just watching WSB superpole. Anyone else reckon there is a striking resemblance between Jamie & Christian Iddon?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Jamoi wrote:
Now, the whip, thankyou so so much, an amazing gesture and I will share it with Stevo to thank him for being a superstar with cooking the food & helping with tea etc.
Id hate to help you out with something if you share a whip with those that do :lol:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk
fireballxl5

Post by fireballxl5 »

Big thanks to Jamie for putting on a great day :D :D :D

Very well organised, Marquees,tea,coffee,biscuits,hot food what more could you ask for

oh yes bloody good turn out, thanks to all those that braved the crap weather in the morning.

Nice to see the old face's again & put names to the new ones.

Thanks Roy
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I had been thinking about you guys and wondering how it was all going. It sounds like you had a brilliant day :thumbup: Well done Jamie and your Mum for putting this workshop day on :clap: :clap:
Thanks to all for sharing the photo's, I just now need to know who's who :wink: although I spotted a few faces I know,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That was a good day, first one I've been to where there isn't a queue of people wanting valve clearances, CCT's fitting and front end rebuilds, so I got a couple of jobs done on mine.

When I got home I found that the hugger had finally given up hugging the tyre and got physical, slight smell of burning rubber but no tyre damage.
I'll make up a proper bracket tomorrow, rather than the two self-tappers I stuck in to hold it in place.... :think:

Good food, good setup. well done that Jamie. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I smelt of barbecue a bit when I got home, made me a bit peckish so celebrated with a kangaroo burger and a springbok burger. The wife has been to Borough Market and picked up a few exotic meat burgers.

I fitted a lightened flywheel at last, I've had a few but always sold them on rather than fitting one to my own bike, and as I'd ridden a few bikes with them fitted, and not really appreciated any benefit, wasn't hoping for much, but so far I like. As others have said, the front comes up easily in first and second, and it feels fairly smooth. TBH I haven't noticed any change in engine braking, perhaps this will be more evident in the twisty stuff and banging down the gearbox into corners or braking zones.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Tony got home for a Barbie Image

I noticed I'm going a bit bald on my crown. :eek2 8O I managed to get to 100miles on the bike before refilling on the way home. I don';t think I have ever done that before 8O put £18 worth of fuel in. I'm glad I leaned of them needles now, but I've started getting a lot more popping on the overrun. I shall have to double check I tightened the inlet rubbers as much as they can go.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:
No CCT's done today 8O a bit of carb tinkering, braided clutch line, a couple of lightened flywheels I think, defo one! a bit of electrickery work and I think that's about it. A bit of banter, good company, good food and refreshments.

It was good to see Mr Mon have some time to tinker with his own bike for once. Not the norm on workshop days.

(:-})
Yes both of those were a first for a workshop day. I had brought all the kit do do stopper mods and valve clearances and nobody needed it!

Was well worth the trip just to see what everyone had been doing to their bikes and although seeing glsr and yeti's bikes in the flesh was the highlight, I was also very impressed with Jamie's black transformation. Which also helped me decide what colour to do my 6spokes :thumbup:
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Thank you Amcq :) yours will look very nice with shiny black 6 spokes!

I thought I'd pass on this message from my buddy Stevo: " Loved it thanks for letting me come. Say thanks to everyone for adopting a 4 cylinder rider. ;-) they are a good bunch of lads. Glad too have met them all. Looking forward to Yorkshire. Small world with bazzer too ;-) "

Cheers all
Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote:Thank you Amcq :) yours will look very nice with shiny black 6 spokes!

I thought I'd pass on this message from my buddy Stevo: " Loved it thanks for letting me come. Say thanks to everyone for adopting a 4 cylinder rider. ;-) they are a good bunch of lads. Glad too have met them all. Looking forward to Yorkshire. Small world with bazzer too ;-) "

Cheers all
Great job Stevo,

I'll get Admin to process the adoption papers but you'll have to do something about the colour before your accepted...Sorry but a Kwak HAS to be GREEN to be acceptable, there's enough 'kin blue ones in the clan already...Bloody blue bikes comin' over here & nicking our roads...ect. ect.

As I txt to Jamie when the Revolution comes there be a job waiting for you as the Politburo will need a tea boy...

El Presidente.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...