bike dyno'd

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
xxxrated

bike dyno'd

Post by xxxrated »

hi all, had my bike dyno'd today and want to know what you think of the results. i personally think its down on power seeing as its got scorpion race cans on.
it managed 99.82hp (sae) and 64.24 ft-lbs of torque. its also running lean until 6000rpm so what would be the best thing to do for that. i was thinking moving the needle in the carb 1 notch.

Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Given the usual optmism that sounds about right! I got 127bhp from a tuned and power commanded Sp1 against the factory 125. And that was from race cans as well, Don't be disappointed. As long as you enjoy it who gives a wombles!!
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

ye very true. i just been looking around at dyno figures for the storm thought and between 98-100bhp seems to be the norm. ive also read that adding a filter and dynojet kit adds between 5-7bhp and the exhaust dosent increase power by itslef so its all good.

does anyone know what stagedynojet i need with a aftermarket panel filter and scorpion cans with no baffles
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

The std stage one is for just adding a pipercross or K&N air filter to a std air box with no major head work and after market pipes.
You don't have any circlips to move with the std Honda needles but you could try putting a small washer under the needles to raise them and making the mixture screws richer by half a turn as a cheeper alternative.

pete.l
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

From my understanding the biggest thing holding the Dtorm back from making proper power is that it struggles to breathe.
Airbox is too small and filter is a real bung!

I've got a Pipercross filter
High level road legal Remus cans
Here's my dyno run done at Rogers last year

From the print out it seems its got 185 mains front and rear
2 shims under the needles (don't know how thick though!)
Drilled slides

Hope this helps

Ben

PS for completeness here's a printout comparing it to a Storm with K&N filter and ART race cans
The K&N uses the same sized hole as stock filter but with freer flowing element. (more midrange - yellow line)
The Pipercross is a full foam element (more top end - purple line)
xxxrated

Post by xxxrated »

thats just the kind of thing i was looking for. ill prob go for the k&n then as the bike is used for commuting daily aswell so i dont wanna lose out on any midrange really.
cheers