Here we go again....

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Shauned71

Here we go again....

Post by Shauned71 »

Hey hey... it's that time again. Besides a few upgrades I will be giving me storm a freshen up in a couple weeks time.

Just for a recap...

When I got her last year....

Once I had finished with her....

But... how she looks now :problem:

Think I have finally decided what i'm going to do and all being well it will be something like this....

Already have 19lt tank and nice pair of Armstrong discs
Pyramid belly & Undertray
Will be joining the front and side fairings up to make it a one piece
Elsemade slip stream seat, all black with orange logo,stitch and piping. Although this depends on funds so may be a little while down the line.
Gonna go with black calipers and orange lettering.

Colour change.... I love the orange on my bike... but... since painting my second bike I'm really liking the look of the storm in black.. so...
Plan is to repaint the bike with a straight black tinter, then add orange (my old colour) number boards on the front and sides like the lovely 'Kermit' although with out the pin strip around them.
Will have a small section of the belly painted orange and to top it off orange wheels.
Before the lacquer goes on I will coat the lot with the second basecoat that I used originally when I painted the bike orange so I should have a very light, subtle pearly gold metallic tint throughout.
No idea what i'm going to do decal wise and the only bit i'm left to make my mind up on....
Planning on re-sleeving my cans with carbon tubes to loose a bit of the chrome then will either polish the swing arm up along with the rest of the frame... or the other idea I have had, polish the rest of the frame but do the swing arm in satin black and the hugger in orange... decisions decisions :crazy:

Will update you in due course :wink:
lloydie

Re: Here we go again....

Post by lloydie »

looks like a good project and a good base to build upon . im liking the colour choice :thumbup: .
ill keep my eye on this one :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

All those colours are a pigment of your imagination.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lanny

Post by lanny »

Interesting as I am looking at ideas to add to my orange storm colour wise, I looked at matte black but decided it would end up a little KTM'ish. Struggling to decide at the mo but feel it needs to be light rather than a dark colour :thumbup:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

lanny wrote:Interesting as I am looking at ideas to add to my orange storm colour wise, I looked at matte black but decided it would end up a little KTM'ish. Struggling to decide at the mo but feel it needs to be light rather than a dark colour :thumbup:
I did think about keeping mine orange then adding lighter parts.. I liked the white wheels with the orange so was tempted to do the rear seat frame white (atleast what showed of it) and add white number boards but my wheels are a very bright white so would of toned all the white bits down a tad so not quite so much of a contrast. But... got the idea of going black into my head now so looks like that will be it... ofc there is always time to change my mind... the day i bought the orange colour to paint the bike the first time I had gone to my suppliers with the intention of buying a lovely deep pearl blue.. bike was going to be blue with white wheels but at the last moment changed my mind lol
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

IMHO I like the work you have done so far, the orange paint work looks good in the photo's with the white wheels. Obviously choice is a personal thing, so you have to do what you like.

I think orange and black work very well together, so I'll be watching this space :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

hey Shaun, welcome back.

good to see you got the bins in in the 2nd photo.............looks like you lost a bit of weight too :lol:

I like the Black / yellow combo in the 3rd photo.

Looking forwards to see what colour it ends up by the time we are all meeting up in Wales again
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

"I like the Black / yellow combo in the 3rd photo."
That explsins why you ride a yellow bike, you're colour blind!?!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote:"I like the Black / yellow combo in the 3rd photo."
That explsins why you ride a yellow bike, you're colour blind!?!!! :lol:
how dare you :Ball Kick: ............ we all know that Blue paint was only introduced to give the rest of us a laugh
AMcQ
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Bike is only black and yellow at night in my garage.. when i take it out in the daylight it turns orange and goes faster :P

Hoping the black/orange works out... just got to decide on a few touches and if to put a thin border around the number boards.. can't think of a colour that will go. Time is going to be the essence here though... want to do the job the first 2 weeks of may so I can then give her a quick service and run for MOT ready for IOM later that month... my problem is... money I need for my bike is tied up in the project below... sticking this one back together as fast as poss so, got it running tonight courteous of a mate letting me pinch his r/r for 10 mins and all being well will have it all back together for the weekend. Couple weeks of work to make money and then if the black bike sells I can make a start on mine :-)

If that don't work out then my bike goes to the TT's as is and i'll do her when i'm back.

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

how about a purple pin stripe around the number boards or green
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Looking forwards to see what colour it ends up by the time we are all meeting up in Wales again
Looking forward to the Wales meet.. will try later in year to get too some of you guys as well.... sucks being stuck down here when it comes to the bike scene.. although we have nice places to ride there isn't really a great deal going on and little in way of clubs. If we lived closer some of you guys would see me and my storm mates from around here a lot more, when not busy with work any excuse to get out on the bike and were out! :)
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Really getting the bug to get stuck into my bike now but because of work I can't make a start on it until the 13th or just after.. bike must be finished by the 28th to allow for a last minute MOT, quick test ride and then it's load up and off on the 30th to IOM. No pressure :lol:

Think I got lucky.. well i feel lucky atleast.. Just bought a pyramid belly pan with brackets, spotted it on fleabay.. it had only been on there 20 mins or so when I spotted it. Maybe it's one of you guys selling it ? Damaged pan, bit snapped off the one end at rear. Easy enough repair.. plus BONUS!!! the saving of £££'s I made instead of buying new will pay for a new set of carbon sleeves for my scorpions, so happy :D
Undertray ordered and will pick up paint next week ready.

Wish i had alternative transport so i could just get on with things.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sounds like your going to have a few busy days :thumbup:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Have found myself completely lacking motivation lately.. and after 2 days of staring at my bike trying to make my mind up on a few niggling details I finally made a start.
Went out early afternoon and picked paint colours etc did my running around out of the way as the bike is my only transport so i'm currently on foot if i want to go anywhere.

So far bike gone from this..... Parked up outside paint shop at about 2.30pm today

To this... a few hours later

Now I have no choice but to get my finger out and crack on :-p

Starting to worry if bike will be ready for end of month and trip to IOM... Hoping paint work will be done for early next week, it probably won't be quite that quick but if it is or near that then I will feel a lot more confident about having everything completed on time.