Post by VTRDark »

I love the smell of petrol...yum yum. I'm not stupid enough to taste it :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
ging500

Re: The Sv Experience

Post by ging500 »

Well guys and girls!!

Just wanted to update everyone with how my life is with my sv!! To be honest it has been a nightmare few months!!

Firstly she breaks down and it takes nearly 4 hours to be recovered by the AA. I track the problem down to a fault in the ht leads/ coils!! Replace them and still no life!! After much head scratching I find the fuel regulator on the pump to have come off !! All back together and working!!

Took the bike for a shake down and a mile from home it breaks down again stating the rear coil is faulty!! After me and ny bro fault finding the coil and my dad also looking over it aswell we have not resolved the problem except the new coils I brought were infact wrong!! The only assumption now is the ecu has been cooked by the wrong coils!!

As a forum member said to me, my sv like an exotic Italian motorcycle which is not Italian or exotic!!
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Well guys and girls!!

Just wanted to update everyone with how my life is with my sv!! To be honest it has been a nightmare few months!!

Firstly she breaks down and it takes nearly 4 hours to be recovered by the AA. I track the problem down to a fault in the ht leads/ coils!! Replace them and still no life!! After much head scratching I find the fuel regulator on the pump to have come off !! All back together and working!!

Took the bike for a shake down and a mile from home it breaks down again stating the rear coil is faulty!! After me and ny bro fault finding the coil and my dad also looking over it aswell we have not resolved the problem except the new coils I brought were infact wrong!! The only assumption now is the ecu has been cooked by the wrong coils!!

As a forum member said to me, my sv like an exotic Italian motorcycle which is not Italian or exotic!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had. Its eye opening to see how different the same bike can be. When I had my sv it was faultless. Never gave me any issues. Hope you get to the bottom of it and manage to get out and have some fun

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

That bike just doesn't want to be ridden.... It's gods way of telling you to upgrade to a proper v2
AMcQ
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

And no that doesn't mean something exotic and Italian. He meant Japanese :lol:

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

On the plus side your learning your way around a motorcycle engine and electrics then diagnosis. :P

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

What a pain!! I say torch the little bundle of joy and get yourself a VTR... but then I am a biased pyromaniac
Jamie :wave:
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Jamoi wrote:What a pain!! I say torch the little bundle of joy and get yourself a VTR... but then I am a biased pyromaniac
Is that you came round with a gallon of unleaded and your lighter!